Epilogue

It had been years since you had defeated Barbossa and your friends buried your body at sea. Your spirit remained at sea, being able to watch your friends on their adventures, keeping an eye on your brother, who now took on your name.

Captain Jack Sparrow took to drinking rum, it was the only way he could deal with his loss, but in some ways it suited him. You wished there was a way to show him that you were still there, watching over him, but all you could do was observe.

Elizabeth was engaged to Norrington, although they were hardly together anymore. She chose to sail with Jack many times. She always said it was because you would have wanted her to keep an eye on your brother, but she secretly enjoyed the freedom.

Will tried domestic life, being on the water without you was too hard. But Elizabeth finally convinced him to join Jack's crew and he found that the waves actually reminded him of you, that he could feel you in the wind. He hasn't stepped foot on land since. You watched Will grow, but he never moved on from you. He spoke to you at night, hoping beyond hope that you could hear him. You wanted desperately to respond, but could not. You loved him almost more deeply now that you could only watch him, you fell in love with his walk, his hands as they worked on the ship, the way his body moved when he was practicing his sword fighting. Everything about Will still held your attention, and there was nothing more you wanted than to hold him one final time.

In all your time, you never came to regret sacrificing yourself for them, it only solidified that you made the right choice. But you had to admit that it was hard to watch them and be able to do nothing. You distanced yourself for a while, choosing to look elsewhere on the water, roaming the seas in an adventure you never got to take while living.

Suddenly, you felt a deep pull inside you, like someone was trying to drag you away. You tried to resist at first, but could not. You followed the pull across the ocean until it led you up a dark tributary and to a mysterious hut. You let the feeling pull you inside as you took in the site of a dark woman reciting ancient texts above a crystal ball.

You watched curiously as she continued chanting in a different language, until you felt the pull again, only stronger. It felt as though the crystal ball was calling you. You reached for it, usually you would pass right through objects in the real world, but for some reason this felt different. You reached forward, placing your palm on the ball, as soon as your hand touched the cold crystal, you gasped at the feeling and your eyes rolled back in your head and you passed out.

—----------------------------------

Will's POV

Will, Elizabeth, Mr. Gibbs and a few other crew members sat in Tiadoma's hut, all looking solemn. Jack was really gone, he had sacrificed himself to the Kraken so the others could escape.

"It seems he really did live up to his sister's legacy," Gibbs remarked, "that honest streak finally got the best of him."

"He was a good man," Elizabeth whispered.

"Is this to be the fate of every Sparrow?" Will asked, "sacrificing their life for everyone else?"

"Sometimes, destiny-" Tiadoma began.

"No!" Will interrupted, throwing his cup across the room, "no, Sparrow died so that Jack could live and now Jack is dead too, I have lost them both."

Elizabeth placed a hand on his shoulder, "I'm sorry Will, I know you grew close after she died."

Will sat back down, defeated, "it was like having her back in a way."

Tiadoma smiled, "and what would you do to get Jack back?"

Will and Elizabeth shared a look before locking eyes with Tiadoma, "you have a way to Davy Jones' locker?"

The witch smiled, "the way to Sparrow is closer than you think."

Will sat up straight as he heard footsteps walking down a staircase to the right. His eyes stared in disbelief as the figure came into view.

You stepped down onto solid ground, finally getting used to walking again. You smiled as your eyes fell on Will, he looked just as handsome as the day you died.

"So tell me, what's happened to my brother?" you asked with a bright smile.