Chapter 16

"You want to tell me?" you asked her, drawing her attention.

She laughed nervously, "tell you what?"

You eyed her suspiciously, "how long you have been courted by the commodore?"

Elizabeth looked shocked, "how did you-"

You laughed, motioning for her to take a seat opposite of you. "He had me pardoned and asked me to return to Port Royal because you needed me. And I am not blind, I see the way you look at each other."

Elizabeth looked down, a pale pink flushing her cheeks, "he has always been there for me, even when I was younger. I don't really know when it became more, but he is special to me."

"And has he asked you to marry him yet?" you asked.

She shook her head, "no, but I would say yes if he did."

You smiled at her, "I am glad you found someone that makes you happy."

She nodded in thanks, "now tell me about William Turner?"

You laughed, "I knew you would turn this on me."

She nodded, "well, we have so much to catch up on, let's get most of it out of the way now." It felt good to have Elizabeth back, a friend you could confide in and trust. You hadn't realized how much you missed her, and much you needed her friendship.

"Will is amazing," you answered, "he's left everything behind to follow me here, he's risked everything to stay by my side."

Elizabeth smiled, "and you love him?"

You thought for a moment before smiling, "I think I always have, he is everything to me."

"I am glad you found someone to share an adventure with," she said with a smile, "you were always made for more than a normal life."

You nodded, but she continued, "and has he asked you to marry him yet?"

You chuckled, "no, life has been moving so fast since we left in search of Jack, there hasn't been a good time."

"But you want to marry him?" she asked.

You nodded, "more than anything."

—-----------------------------------------

The sun was shining brilliantly as you sailed towards the Isle De Muerta, the imperial navy following close behind. You were sitting on the steps to the top deck when you felt someone sit next to you.

"Penny for your thoughts," Jack said, handing you a bottle of rum.

You shook your head, but took the bottle, "I've just got a lot going on."

Jack nodded, "yes, and I am all ears."

You took a long swig of the rum before handing it back to Jack, "we need to know whose blood Barbossa needs."

Jack sighed, "I know that is not everything on your mind."

You nodded, "the rest can wait, brother, right now we have to plan."

Jack took a swig from the bottle and handed it back, "well we know it has to be someone from his original crew that is not there now."

"And someone who would like to remain undead," you added, "or they would be crawling back to Barbossa for a cure."

Jack thought for a moment, "I don't have the roster from my voyage, but it is in the drawer of the captain's desk aboard the Pearl."

"You mean if Barbossa didn't destroy it," you continued.

Jack nodded, "so back to square one."

You nodded defeated, "back to square one."