Chapter 7

You had been on the seas for several days with no more sightings of ships. You were running low on supplies and it was too late to turn around for Tortuga. You walked out from your quarters and noticed that the morale had fallen; the crew was sluggish and tired.

You made your way up to the top deck and leaned out from the railing taking in the breeze. A rough pair of hands rested on your waist and looked over the water with you. You leaned back into Will's embrace and sighed, "we have to find food or something, everyone is tired and irritable."

Will kissed the back of your head, "I know love, Mr. Gibbs said there are charted islands coming up, but he is not sure if they are inhabited."

You nodded, "hopefully they have something that we can eat."

Your stomach growled and Will looked at you curiously, "when was the last time you ate?"

"A few days ago, I eat enough to keep going, but if the crew cannot eat, how can I?" you responded.

Will sighed, "you are a great leader, you know that?"

You smiled at him and looked back into the water. "Will, how long before we hit the island?" you asked.

He chuckled at you, "we should reach the archipelago by nightfall."

You nodded and leaned back into his embrace, letting the gentle breeze relax you. He held onto you tightly and rested his chin on the top of your head. It was moments like these when you felt the most relaxed, letting yourself be comforted by Will and the waves. There was nothing in life you wanted more than to spend the rest of your life in this way.

----

By nightfall you had reached the first of a small string of islands. The crew gathered on the deck awaiting your instruction.

"Will and I will take a small group of volunteers to the island in search of food and supplies" you explained, "the rest will remain on board and ready to make sail should we run into any trouble."

Will spoke, "volunteers make your way to the small boats, others report to Mr. Gibbs for your duties." The crew nodded and began to split into two groups.

You and Will made your way to the small boat with the volunteers, "We'll take two boats ashore, five in each boat, the rest of you stay aboard and report to Mr. Gibbs," you instructed, hopping into the nearest boat and taking a lantern from Will.

Harry, Tuck and Iago, other crewmen, got in the boat with you while Will held the rope for the others to get in the companion boat. "Evenin' Lady Sparra," Harry said to you, tipping his hat.

"Good evening Harry," you said politely, "Evening Tuck" you said nodding to him, "Evening Iago."

"Good evenin'" Iago and Tuck said together. "Say, you got any food on ya cap'an?" Tuck asked, settling into the boat. Tuck was a rather large muscular man, and he could eat the whole ship out of food.

You smiled at him and reached into your small bag that hung on your belt, "I haven't got much," you said, pulling out a few strips of dried meat, "but you're welcome to everything I've got."

Tuck smiled at you and gratefully taking the dried meat and popping them in his mouth, "thank ya cap'an."

Will had made it into your boat now, sitting next to you and taking the lantern from your hands, "ready, lower the boats," Will said to Mr. Gibbs standing on the deck. Mr. Gibbs and a few others slowly released ropes that set you gently down on the water.

You were close enough to land that the water was calm and the sail to shore was uneventful. You reached the shallow waters and Iago and Harry hopped out of the boat and helped pull the boat ashore. Once you made it to dry land you hopped out and secured your sword to your side.

Will was next to you, "it's going to be dark soon, we should split up and look for any food."

You were looking out into the wooded area of the island, "I am inclined to agree."

Will noticed you were distracted, "what's on your mind?"

You finally made eye contact with him and leaned against his frame slightly, "nothing, just an odd feeling."

He wrapped one arm around you comfortingly and gave you a tight squeeze before turning to the others who had got off the boats and gathered near you.

"We are going to split up and search the island," Will explained, "we will be going back to the boat before dark, it is important that you return to this beach before then."

"Finding food is our priority, but look for supplies or anything that might be useful," you instructed, "we don't know when we will make land again."

The crew nodded and split up searching the entire island. Will stayed next to you, "we can search together if you like?" he whispered in your ear softly.

You smiled, "and how would we get anything done if we did that?"

He chuckled, his breath tickling your neck, "this is the first adventure since Tortuga, I figured you would want to explore."

"I certainly do, but we also have a job to do," you responded back trying to hold back a laugh.

Will slowly pressed his lips to your collarbone causing you to inhale deeply, "we can multitask," he whispered.

You spun yourself around quickly crashing your lips into Will's lightly pulling on his bottom lip. Then you pulled away and turned walking into the treeline, "you are welcome to join me Captain Turner," you called back over your shoulder with a teasing smile.

—---------------------------------

Not long later, you all gathered at the beach with a few bags of coconuts and berries that you gathered from the island.

"Let's get out of here," you said, tossing all of the things into the boats.

"What's the hurry, Lady Sparrow," Iago asked, "I reckon we could venture back out and get more food."

"Not in the dark, Iago," you explained, gesturing to the setting sun, "we should go back."

Iago muttered to himself, but nodded and continued loading the boats. "Did you notice something, I didn't?" Will asked coming up behind you.

You nodded, "I noticed some natural worn down paths while we were searching, there are people or animals that live here," you warned, "we were lucky that they did not come out in daylight, we may not be lucky enough to evade them in the dark."

Will nodded in understanding, and quickly gathered the others on the boat and you all began rowing back to the ship.

Mr. Gibbs reached his hand out for you as you were pulled up to the deck, you smiled and took it, watching as the others unloaded the food you found, "not much," you said to Mr. Gibbs, "but enough to keep us full until the next land."

He nodded and had a few crew members carry the sacks down to the cook to be rationed. That should hold the crew over for a while, you thought to yourself, at least until you found another food source.