Chapter 8

You continued sailing across the sea not far from a series of small chain islands. You were able to gather food from each one and now had a good stock pile of food. The crew seemed happier now that there was ample food and the weather had been beautiful for days.

You smiled, but in your heart you were still saddened, in all the islands and ships you passed, no one had heard about Jack, not one knew more than just his legend. Your heart leapt as you spotted a ship in the distance on a clear day.

"Ship off the port bow!" you shouted to the others. They all bustled along the deck again, setting up cannons as the ship got closer.

"Imperial Navy," Will said with worry as he took a closer look.

"Shit," you muttered under your breath, "men, below deck, load the cannons but remain hidden," you ordered, "imperial navy is near."

The crew nodded and gathered things below deck, staying hidden from the approaching ship, Mr. Gibbs, Will, Yourself and a few others remained on the deck so not to cause suspicion.

You removed your jacket and allowed your hair to blow in the breeze freely as the ship got closer and closer. As it came along the port side, they cast ropes across the railing of the deck to bring you alongside them.

"What brings you out to sea?" One of the navy men shouted, it appeared he was the Commodore of the vessel, by the looks of him, he sailed from Port Royal, same as you.

You stepped in front of the others, looking directly at the man, "and what would bring the East India Trading Company this far from port?"

He looked at you suspiciously, "that is none of your concern, little one, where is the captain of this vessel?"

You placed your hands on your hips, "you're looking at her."

The Commodore rolled his eyes, "wonderful, the name is Commodore Norington."

"Pleasure to meet you Commodore," you replied bowing sarcastically, "Captain Sparrow."

"Aah and you bear a striking resemblance to (Y/N) (Y/LN), a young maiden who fled her home of Port Royal," Norington chuckled.

You did not even miss a beat, "I doubt a Commodore of your caliber would be sent after a lowly maiden that fled home."

He smiled, "indeed, however finding you is a bonus," he explained, "it would seem that you were accused of piracy along with your friend William Turner, who I assume is that young man inching closer to you now."

You glanced at Will and motioned for him to back off. "I am looking for my brother who is lost at sea," you responded, "he was last seen with Captain Barbossa, a known pirate."

"I know," he smiled mischievously, "you see your father traded in this information for a nice sum of money, he knew pirates of any kind are worth a hefty reward to the right people."

You locked eyes with Will in horror at this revelation, you were never close to your parents, but you never expected them to sell you out, or Jack for that matter. "I am guessing from your shocked face that you had no idea you were wanted?" Norrington answered.

You turned back to him, painting a level face again, "Commodore Norington, I know there is something else that must have brought you out this far, and I am betting it is more important than me."

He looked on sadly, "unfortunately, you are right."

You leaned across the railing, "a deal then?"

Norington looked at you in amusement, "I am looking for a young woman, the governor's daughter," he explained, "she is important to me and I want her found."

You nodded, "if I hear any word of her, I will inform you immediately."

He smiled and nodded to you before whispering orders to his first mate. "By your leave, Mr. Norington," you shouted to him with a smile as his ship pulled away.

He turned over his shoulder to shout after you as the ships parted ways, "you are much like your brother."

You couldn't help but smile at the notion. You turned to Will and Mr. Gibbs who smiled at you in amusement. "Your first few days as a pirate, and you're already a good negotiator," Mr. Gibbs stated.

You chuckled as you walked over to them, "every man has a price Mr. Gibbs, especially a military man."