Chapter 6

Mr. Gibbs stirred the ship alongside the other and you and Will stood by the railing closest to the other ship. The crew there were all looking at you, "permission to come aboard?" you shouted over to them.

A new figure stepped out from the shadows and shouted back to you, "I don't usually allow strangers on my ship, but I'll make an exception for a beauty like you."

You noticed the man looked older, and his balance was wavering, probably because he was drunk. You looked at Will and he nodded to a few crew members to drop a board to walk across.

Will gestured for you to walk first and you gracefully crossed the board and jumped down onto the other's deck. Will was at your side the next second and the captain walked up to you both. "What brings you out to sea?" he asked, still wavering.

"We are looking for the treasure at the lost city of Atlantis, we heard rumors of clues out this way, have you heard anything?" you asked innocently.

"Can't say much for Atlantis, but another fella was out looking for the same thing, can't remember his name though," the captain said. "Apologies, miss, the names Cap'an Gilly."

You nodded to him, "Lady Sparrow and Captain Turner," you said, gesturing to Will. "Can you describe the man?"

Captain Gilly looked at you curiously, "keep talkin' like that an someone's gonna start thinkin' yer out huntin' someone."

Will took a protective step in front of you but Captain Gilly kept talking, "I may be a drunk, but I ain't stupid, tell me who yer lookin' fer and I might help ya, but not if you keep-a lyin'."

Will looked at you waiting for you to make a choice, "we are looking for my brother, Jack, he left as Captain of the Black Pearl, but never returned," you admitted.

Captain Gilly smiled at you, "The Black Pearl eh?" he said, "now you'd be-a lookin' fer Captain Barbossa there."

"Barbossa?" you asked, "That was Jack's first-mate."

"Not no more," Captain Gilly responded, "I don't know much 'bout the story, but Cap'an Barbossa sails the Pearl now, he's been-a tearin' up the seas looking for some kinda treasure."

"Do more people know about Barbossa?" you asked.

"You ain't been a cap'an long have ya?" Gilly asked you.

You looked at your feet, "no, I only just started sailing."

Captain Gilly smiled at you, "everyone out here knows about Cap'an Barbossa, he's sunk many a ship in these waters, he's got a lot of enemies and few friends, but almost nobody a-dumb enough to mess with him."

"We wish to speak with him," Will interjected.

"Well I ain't knowin' how to get ahold of him, lad, but you might be able to sail around and find ya somebody who does," Gilly explained.

"Thank you, Captain Gilly," you said nodding to him.

"My pleasure Lady Sparrow," he said, watching you walk back across the board and get onto your ship. He shouted back to you, "anything else I can-a help yer with?"

You looked back over your shoulder and smiled at him, "yea, tell Barbossa and anyone you see that Jack's sister is out and she's looking for revenge." Captain Gilly smiled at your sentiment and tipped his hat to you.

You were getting the hang of this pirate thing.