Chapter 1

It had been 12 years since Jack left.  Every year on the day he left you spent the day out at your spot on the beach.  Everyday you waited for Jack's ship to pull into the Harbor, but he never came back and you feared that he never would.  

Father had set sail to find Jack two years ago.  When father did not return either, mother began to worry.  She would stare out the window all day everyday, leaving all of the chores and housework to you.  It was a rough life, but you made it through, hoping that one day Jack would return and take you away from this foul place.  

You were just setting out the dinner plates when you saw it, Father's ship was pulling in to the Harbor.  Mother saw it too and she ran out the kitchen door and out to the docks.  You were right behind her, not even stopping to put on a pair of shoes.  Father came down the ramp and embraced mother.  You ran right past them searching the ship for Jack.  

Instead of Jack, your bestfriend Will emerged from the captain's quarters.  He knew how upset you were when Jack never returned, so he had set sail with your father to find him.  Will was the only good thing about your home, watching him leave as well was hard.  You smiled at Will and ran into his open arms squeezing him rather tightly.  "I am so glad you are home," you whispered in his ear, not letting go of your embrace.  

"There is something I need to tell you," he whispered back.  His heart was beating way too fast, you knew something was wrong.  "Follow me," he said grabbing your hand and leading you to the back of the ship and leaning on the railing.  

"What it is?" you asked, noticing his look of sympathy.  

"We found the Pearl out by Dead Man's Cove," he began keeping a comforting hand on your arm. "When we went aboard, Jack wasn't there.  When we asked the crew where he was, they said he was dead."  With those words you felt uncontrollable tears stream down your face.  "I suspect that it was a mutiny." Will continued, but he stopped and saw your silent tears, he pulled you into a tight hug.  

"Your father wanted to keep this from you," he whispered into your ear, "he cannot know that you know."  You both heard footsteps coming around the corner.  "I will help you," Will whispered quietly.  You quickly wiped your tears so that it was not noticeable.  Your father came around the corner and looked at you both with suspicion.  

"Time to go home (Y/N)," he ordered in a commanding voice.  He did not seem at all shaken up by Jack's death, you wondered if he had told mother. 

You nodded, "Where's Jack?" you asked him innocently.  

"Still sailing," was all he responded before turning around and gesturing for you to follow.  Will still held your hand as you walked off the ship.  He walked you all the way home as you trailed behind your father and mother.  Every few steps father would turn around to look at you.  You suspected he was making sure Will was not telling me the truth about Jack.  

Will gave you a quick hug outside your front door and whispered in your ear quickly and quietly, "meet me at the docks in the morning."  Then with one last look he turned and headed in the direction of his home.  

That night you heard mother crying, you knew then that father had finally told her about Jack.  You wondered why he did not tell you, you and your father had never been close, but he knew how close you and Jack were.  

You woke up very early the next morning.  You were out of the house just as the sun began to rise, and neither mother nor father were awake yet.  You left a note on the table went to the docks, be back before sundown. To be honest you were not sure if you would come back, without Jack you had no place at this house.  You were never that close with your parents, especially after Jack left.  They seemed to only treat you as an extra hand to work the house and complete their chores.  

You wanted to get to the docks before Will so you had some time to dangle your feet in the water and watch the sunrise, just as you and Jack would do. Just as your mind began to wander, you heard a creak of the dock behind you.  "Did you even sleep?" Will laughed taking a seat beside you and removing his shoes so he could dangle his feet in the water too.  

"No," you responded.  It was the truth, what little sleep you got was restless.  You leaned your head on Will's shoulder.  

"(Y/N), I do not think Jack is dead," he explained.  You waited for him to continue but he just stared out over the water.  

You picked your head up off his shoulder to look into his eyes, "Will what are you talking about?" 

He returned your look and could see the small glint of hope in your eyes.  "The way his crew looked around, the guiltiness you could feel yourself, the smell of fear filled their boat," he continued, "my guess is his crew led a mutiny against him and he is stranded somewhere not far from the cove." 

You nearly jumped at the news, Jack was alive, you had to believe it.  "Then we must tell father and have him set sail again, he has to find him." You responded shoving your feet back in your shoes excitedly.  

Will placed his hands on your slowing you down. "(Y/N), I spoke with your father about this while we were still at sea, he would not listen to me, he has given up." 

You hung your head in sadness, that did sound like your father, stubborn and unmotivated. "Then what do we do?" you asked sadly, "we cannot just leave him alone, we have to find him." 

Will's eyes lit up at your question, he became full of excitement.  "I made a deal with one of the other crewmen on your father's ship, we have a ship and crew lined up in Tortuga," he grabbed your hands and smiled at you, "Sail with me?" 

You waited a moment, staring out over the water, you had never left port before.  It was a little scary, but an image of Jack smiling on his ship all those years ago flashed in your mind and you had made your choice.  You looked back at Will, "when do we leave?"