Chapter 13

You instantly new the voice and you whipped your head around. A dark figure emerged from the treeline. You ran to it, even without seeing his face and jumped into the arms of your brother. He wrapped you in a tight embrace, "hello little sparrow, look how much you have grown."

"I thought I would never find you," you whispered, burying your face in his hair, "We've been looking forever."

Will approached you and Jack set you down, "I had no idea you came looking for me."

You nodded, "Will and I left Port Royal after father returned without you, he told me you were dead."

Jack's smile faded, "yes, I imagine that was easier than the truth."

You looked puzzled, "what do you mean?"

Jack sighed, "it was father that gave Barbossa the bearing to the Isle De Mureta, the last piece of the puzzle that he needed to arrange a mutiny."

You looked at him in disbelief, "he led the mutiny?"

Jack nodded, "I was as surprised as you, but he wanted to treasure and he was unwilling to share it with me."

Will shook his head, "I don't understand, your father and I left Port Royal in search of you. Why would he do that?"

Jack shrugged, "probably to cover up the truth."

Your shock turned to anger in an instant, "how dare he? He let me believe you were dead, he let me believe you would never come back."

Jack's eyes shot over to you in a look of sympathy and he placed his hands on your shoulders trying to comfort you, "Oh, little sparrow, I can't imagine how hard it was for you to hear all that."

You shook your head, "my own father lied to me and tried to kill his son."

Jack pulled you in for another hug, "none of that matters now, you found me and I don't intend to leave your side again."

You took deep breaths, allowing Jack's presence to comfort you. You finally pulled away, "where will we go now, I do not intend to return to Port Royal."

Jack chuckled, "neither do I, I seek revenge against Barbossa."

You laughed, "you were just rescued and the first thing you want to do is find revenge."

Jack smiled, draping an arm over your shoulder and walking towards the long boats on shore, "well, first I would love a large bottle of rum," he teased, "it's been dreadfully boring without it."

You laughed carefree with your brother as you returned to the ship.