Chapter 9

"Who do you think would have taken the governor's daughter," Will asked once the ship was out of sight.

"Not much is known about the governor," Mr. Gibbs stated, "I was on the crew of the ship that brought him from England, he didn't speak much."

"I know his daughter," you whispered, "or at least I knew her."

Mr. Gibbs and Will came to stand next to you as you absentmindedly looked across the waves. "We grew up together, my parents paid a lot of money to have me educated in the governor's house," you explained, "they hoped it would help me catch the eye of the wealthy men, they wanted me to marry rich of course."

"Why have you never spoken of her?" Will asked.

"It was a long time ago," you responded, "we were still young when we finished our education, she went on to finishing school and I went back home. My parents ran out of money, with my father being out at sea," you continued, "she begged me to go with her, but I couldn't. I have not spoken to her since."

Will placed a hand on your shoulder, "do you know who would want to kidnap her?"

"Elizabeth was always strong," you replied, "she could have made a thousand enemies if she wanted to."

"I don't think it was chance that we ran into Norrington," Mr. Gibbs pondered, "something bigger is going on here."

"I agree," you mused, "and we never know who to trust."

—-----------------------------------------

Several hours later, you came across a ship that seemed to have anchored in the shallows of a large island. "What colors?" you asked as Will pulled out his spyglass.

"None," he replied, "but I believe that ship is-"

"Bless my beard, that's the Pearl!" Gibbs shouted excitedly.

Your heart leapt, "you mean after all this time, we have finally caught up to Barbossa?"

Will looked at you, "are you sure you are ready for this?"

You tightened your grip on your belt where Jack's sword and pistol hung, "I want my brother, or revenge on his mutineers."

Will nodded then turned to Gibbs, "ready the cannons and prepare to pull up on the starboard side."

Gibbs nodded and shouted orders to the crew as you got closer and closer to the anchored ship.

You had no idea what to expect when you pulled up along the side of this ship, but you let revenge and anger fill your heart and a scowl replaced your usual smile.