Chapter 21

You looked down at your stomach and saw the sharp blade sticking out and red blood soaking your shirt. Pain hadn't even set in yet, it was just shock as you tried to catch your breath. Barbossa stood behind you, a cursed smile on his lips as he pulled his sword from your abdomen.

You opened your mouth in pain, but no sound came out. You had no idea what to do, but your body moved on its own, raising your sword to Barbossa again.

Barbossa chuckled, "such fight in a little sparrow."

You said nothing, instead the next moment, Jack was in front of you, raising his sword against Barbossa, but he looked back at you in horror for only a moment before Barbossa advanced on him.

You watched the shapes move for a moment, before your muscles stopped working. You fell backwards towards the chest of gold, but before you could hit the floor, a pair of arms grabbed you and lowered you slowly.

You looked up at the face of Will, your head in his lap as he stroked your hair, "you're okay," he whispered, refusing to look at your wound.

Your breaths became ragged, but you managed a weak smile for him. You knew that life was leaving you, you felt it, but you snuck a glance at Jack, his worry for you made him sloppy, Barbossa was quickly gaining the upper hand.

You looked back to Will, "you can't save me now, Will," you choked out, "but you can save Jack."

Tears stung Will's eyes, "I'm not leaving you, not now."

You reached up to brush your fingertips on his cheek, he leaned into the touch. "Help him...please," you strained.

Will nodded although tears were streaming down his face. He bent over, placing a kiss on your forehead, "I love you," he whispered against your skin.

"I love you, William Turner," you responded. Will quickly pulled your head from his lap and grabbed your sword before running towards Jack and Barbossa, still trapped in heated combat.

You sat up slightly, trying to pull new strength to your muscles despite the weakness you felt. You leaned against the chest of cursed gold, using it to pull yourself to your feet. You stared at the gold for a moment, catching your breath. Then you snuck a glance at Jack, where he and Will stood against Barbossa.

You looked from the gold to Jack again, realization dawning on you as you thought of Barbossa's words, "your father was the one to lead us here after marooning dear old Jack." Barbossa had unknowingly given you the answer you all needed, it was your father's blood that had yet to be paid, Jack's blood, your blood.