Chapter Thirty Three.

Start bij het begin

Eric would have a shitfit if he found out that I chucked the sandwich in the bin.

Leaving the tray, I walk over to one of the open vending machines. I grinned pulling out a drink. A milkshake.

A click of a door makes me jump, and I heard the familar voice. Nita and Four.

And what is Four doing with another girl?

I bit my lip. Four isn't cheating on Tris, is he?

If he is, I'm going to beat his regretful ass into tears.

Nita walked quickly, as if she was wanting to get away as quickly as possible with Four hot at her heels.

I narrowed my eyes at Nita's back. I didn't like her. And Four going with her? Has he told anyone where he was going?

Dude, this is Four we were talking about: of course he wouldn't!

Following behind them, making sure to keep a large distance, they turned down a few more corridors. and finally they entered a room.

I bit my lip. I waited a second, a few feet away. Then tiptoeing, I looked through the circular glass window.

I spotted Four and Nita right away. Nita was showing Four writings that had been pinned up on the walls; Four stared at one, before looking away whilst shaking his head.

"No thanks, I've had enough of that." Four replied to whatever Nita had just said.

Nita smiled. "No, but I'm glad you've said that."

She then began talking about the "genetically damaged" (whatever that was) and how it was a test to whether she "could trust him or not."

The look on Four's face told me he wasn't on board to whatever plan Nita has.

"There are lots of secrets in the walls of this place. One of them is that, to them, a GD is expendable. And another is that some of us won't sit back and take it."

What the fuck is a GD?

"What do you want from me?" Four questions.

"I want to give you the opportunity to see the world outside the compound."

So? I can do that dead easy. What does Nita want in return...?

"And what do you want in return?"

Nita shrugged, examining her nails. "Nothing much, just protection. I'm going into a dangerous place. I can't tell anyone else about it, not even the Bureau."

I grinned. Four don't be so stupid. She's lying! She wants something... More. She wants... Power.

Don't fall for it Tobias.

"I trust you to know how to defend yourself. And I want you to trust me: but first, before I want to show you something, I don't want you to tell anyone. Not even Tris. Don't tell anyone what we've discussed and what I'm about to show you, promise?"

"She's trustworthy." Four referred to Tris. I don't think he likes keeping secrets from her. After all, they are going out, aren't they?

Nita said: "I'm not saying she isn't trustworthy. By not telling her you are keeping her safe. As long as you don't tell, herself and the rest of them are safe."

Pft. We are Dauntless. We can protect ourselves thank you!

Four looked down to his feet. "All right. Show me."

Four turned around, following Nita towards the door that I'm hiding. Shit!

I span and dove and threw myself in the first door I saw: the worst thing is, is that I dove straight for the men's restroom.

Gross!

I listened for Four's and Nita's footsteps, until they faded away. I let out a sigh of relief and pressed my back against the door. And froze.

A man has pressed a woman up against one of the sinks, his hands in her waist while she had he hands around his neck. She was shirtless.

"I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed, throwing myself back out into the room.

Awkward.