During the class I took selective notes while checking in on what was going on outside though my slight problem was that I was listening to music while doing so, leading me to zone out even if I didn't mean to.

Almost unbearably so the class droned on until the bell rang and I practically raced from the room outside and down off towards the parking lot. I had made it half way there too before remembering I wanted Derek to tell me the answer to my question.

Stopping I turned to be faced by him standing directly behind me with a smug smirk on his face.

"I don't think I've ever seen you move so fast" he remarks and I roll my eyes.

"You haven't seen how much I hated school" I add and he just smiles.

"You wanted to know about Vanessa, right?" Derek says and I nod slowly before looking around.

"We're in the middle of the front lawn we should probably go somewhere else" I point out and he nods.

"Right" Derek says and we begin to complete the walk to the parking lot where both his vehicle and mine sat.

Stopping by my car I leaned against it and crossed my arms looking up at him.

"Her name is Vanessa Danielle Saint Laurent. She's related to the Winters Family. I actually think she's a cousin of the three heirs in New York".

Would explain the domineering quality and general striking appearance.

"I mean it fills in blanks" I admit.

"People that end up associated with the Winters either end up in jail, with nothing, or the small handful get a life improvement. I don't want to see you hurt because of them".

"Yes well if I'm not wrong they run the world" I remark unlocking my car and pulling the door open.

"You met them before haven't you?" Derek asks tilting his head.

"Yeah, I went to the same school as all of them, and their extended family. The four families run New York's business scene with cunning. The whole city is even reminded by the kilometer tall tower in the Finacial District".

"I never understood the craze around them. They all are people, and regardless the world fauns over every member".

"Power draws attention, and one doesn't get much more powerful then being a member of the Winters Family, including extended" I say.

"Sounds like you know from experience" he says an uneasy tone resting there.

Must be because of the reputation.

"Friends with the sisters" I answer simply, and mild curiosity forms about why he was so interested in me knowing them, or knowing who I was around.

"You don't have to worry about me Derek, if I can survive Thornbrook Academy where they rule the whole city, I will live having a roommate who is related to one" I say giving him a smile before getting into the car.

"You should come over one day, no party, maybe this weekend. Just us" he offers a gentle smile on his lips.

"Is that your way of asking me on a date that's not a date, after telling you I'd think about it?" I quip pressing my lips together so I don't smile like an idiot.

"Yes" he relents and I can't help myself because it's cute that this tattooed boy has a soft side.

"Sure" I smile and pull my door shut before leaving the parking lot of the school off towards the sorority.

As I pulled into the driveway I wound my way up to the motorcourt where the rest of my dorm had just arrived before stopping behind Tessa and getting out.

"Were you talking to Derek Halloway?" Courtney asks and I watch Vanessa stop by the doorway to lean against a pillar an impassive look on her face.

I see it now.

"Yes, he invited me to spend time with him on the weekend" I say.

"Don't get your heart broken, and if he does I'll help bury him" Tessa says.

"I'm sure he won't hurt her" Courtney says to Tessa.

"I just don't want our friend to be hurt".

"I won't get hurt Tess" I assure before I feel a shiver run up my spine, "now let's go inside, it's cold out here" I add and I see Vanessa smile before we all followed her into the warmth of the house.

I'm moving through parts but all of this book is very well planned so I do have ideas just this book is chaotic at times. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌