Chapter Seventy One

I'd seen a lot since we all ran out the door of my bedroom. I'd watched Nathan get to one of many Aston Martin's he owned and practically disappear out of the front gate. I've seen the boys follow just as quickly, and I've seen my mother give me a look of support to do what my friends were as they left the house in pursuit of Nathan.

I didn't know how this would end or how Nathan would react to his girlfriend being the assumed target to my fathers wrath. It all made me wonder if this was how it started, constantly being the focus of one person's spite after another after another. Was this how the whole Winters family hired supposedly over two hundred bodyguards for just assets. I couldn't imagine it. My family was nearly snubbed at current and I knew it. I'd end up having to ask for help all over again to rebuild the company and I seriously hope that when my father is stopped Louviere Financial can be given back all of their stake.

Crossing the driveway to my own car I quickly went after my friends and had to speed slightly to catch up to all of them. However the one thing I forgot in all the time away from them was the fact that this was an eighty mile stretch to New York and Nathan did one twenty nearly the entire way to the city.

My poor Portofino isn't meant to go this fast all the time.

When we did get to New York well more specifically JFK airport since my dad chose to use the Hamptons airport and we'd all be behind him in the air.

Slowing to follow the other cars in front of me one by one we were cleared to get to the private hanger before crossing the tarmac to the already open half circle where Nathan's jet was being rolled out.

Nineteen and he has his own jet, the shit I forget in a year.

Stopping next to the others I got out and followed after them up into the jet while some of Nathan's PPO's moved all of our cars into the hanger while all five of us got comfortable on the Gulfstream jet.

Lily was already in the cockpit and had primed the plane before we had arrived leaving nothing but clearance before we would be off to Seattle.

Sitting down we all watched Nathan begin to set up all kinds of things regarding his arrival to Seattle the main one being places for us to stay that would be unknown to Arilynn since apparently Nathan was wanting to prove to her that he was able to give her space instead of being a helicopter boyfriend. The only downside was that the mood on the plane was palpable and sooner or later someone would have to say something through the four hour flight to Seattle.

I'd never seen Nathan look so tense or any of them for that matter, and I think deep down every person in here knew that if anything happened to Arilynn there was a lot more then just pain that would go with it. Nathan would be broken as a person to some degree, and a piece of him would never be filled from the pain and grief.

The raven haired boys words floated back to me in this moment as the plane settled in for the journey. A sentence with more then just words and emotions wafted through my memory like smoke on a light spring breeze. 'Being a Winters is a curse'. People that they cared about were always in danger, were always at risk. Perhaps that had been why he never fought to keep me, perhaps he knew that in the long run me not being close to him would be better.

Media had talked for decades, and there was even one day that I took a deep dive into all the news about Nathan's family to possibly get some form of understanding to why over a year ago he had pushed me away without ever getting to know me. There had been something going in with them at least once every two years, an investigation, an assassination attempt, a funeral, a take over that threatened other companies, a kidnapping, something happened. Now I was watching in real time from the opposite side of being involved.

This paranoid family pushed past everything to get to where they were, and I respected the hell out of both Nathan's parents and his sisters and him for the fact that they were all so willing to build a company that helped others while being the target to so many other things that none of them could have predicted or controlled no matter how badly it was supposed to all go to plan.

I wanted to be able to speak to tell Nathan who had yet to stop drumming his fingers out of a stress response that we'd get there in time to stop my father and save Arilynn, but there was no guarantee for that, and that was what scared me, the fact that there was a darkness in Nathan's eyes, and his jaw was clenched didn't. It was that if she wasn't safe New York and the world would be met with the Hyde to Nathan's protective Jekyll.

The four hours passed quickly however and sooner then I expected we were landing at Tacoma International Airport where the plane swiftly found it's place in the private hanger reserved for Nathan's G800.

As we got off we were met by a group of luxury rental cars that wouldn't draw too much attention to us but still be to our taste.

"Just as you asked for Mr. Winters" a redheaded woman says gesturing to the three luxury vehicles.

"Lucian with me please in the Range Rover, the idiots can take the BMW, Scarlett that leaves the Mercedes" Nathan says gliding over to the only SUV of the three vehicles and getting in along with Lucian before redheaded woman walked back to a matte black Brabus and got in likely with the other PPO's who helped bring the vehicles to the airport and left before we all had the chance to get to our own.

"We are all going to the Four Seasons and staying in the Presidential suites, I've booked two. Out of respect to Scarlett she can sleep alone or perhaps Theo can share a room" Nathan says, and Zavier gives him a look.

"I know that last bit was at me" Zavier says leaning against the white painted BMW.

"I'm making sure Lea doesn't chop your balls off dumbass, and Lucian and I have always shared a room. Either you and Theo take the other bed or just you, and Scarlett can have the second suite, or Scarlett and Theo share" Nathan points out before closing the door to the Range Rover and driving off while Zavier just shakes his head and gets into the car while I hide my laugh as I approached the Mercedes.

"Of course you're laughing" Zavier says a smile crossing his lips.

"I've always found humour at your expense Zavier" I say giving him a smile and following Nathan in the Range Rover off towards the Four Seasons Hotel.

Approaching the end I hope you all enjoy it, I'm also trying to plan another book right now so yeah, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace