Chapter Seventy Five

Arilynn Hamilton

The months passed slowly no one left the houses to do anything but go shopping or check in on Scarlett. It had led to a form of comradery amongst the boys including Nathan and Derek's relationship with one another. I wasn't surprised though both had been willing to put aside pride to just admit both cared and that there was a respect of boundaries between them about where they stood.

Everyone took turns watching Scarlett, and getting reports from Dr. Caines. We had all done minor sacrifices though it was interesting how Derek and Nathan would spend the weekends there at the hospital looking over Scarlett together as a sort of friendship and I never once asked what they talked about because whatever it was was between them and I respected it.

Currently we all were studying for our final exams and I was mildly worried about it but I knew that I'd be fine same as Lucian and Nathan, it was Zavier and Theo that should be worried since both of them spent more time watching Netflix and eating the snacks that Nathan paid for then studying for what would tell them if they were progressing through university and into their futures.

I sat in the living room of the penthouse with Nathan in one of the corner chairs of the living room that had been inset into the floor of the Escala building. I'd spent these past months realizing that Nathan paid the initial ten million for the thirty first floor units and had them all renovated bringing the fourteen thousand square foot penthouse to twenty million dollars. The view was spectacular and Nathan clearly liked being in Seattle though I had a feeling that the events going on were dampening his feelings on being here. In normal circumstances I'd have liked to be in the expansive living room with him deciding what we'd do that day even if it consisted of just sitting here to look at the bright sun of the morning but the previous days rain made all of this a sombre view.

The grey furniture also didn't add to the feeling to warm it bright art hung on the walls, and the wooden oriented design on the kitchen should have made all of this a more relaxing place to be but instead all of us were waiting for the call that Scarlett had succumb to her wounds or that she had woken as if our lives depended on it.

At twelve Nathan had promised to go to the hospital to meet up with Derek, and I had wanted to go since apparently the others wanted to be there since today was the day that Scarlett would be brought out of her coma.

That also likely wasn't helping how he was doing.

Nathan had been up all morning practically moving from one end of his penthouse to the other cleaning things. Now everything was vacuumed, polished, and wiped so the only thing left was to let the smell of the wood wick candle he'd chosen to burn fill the entire home in a woody leathery scent.

I'd also admit that here in Seattle was probably my favourite home of Nathan's since it was bigger then the one in New York, Nathan himself had admitted that he liked it here and because of how often his parents worked they had build a business that was capable of managing itself save for a monthly meeting that made sure the whole business ran efficiently and could manage itself without him always being in Winters Group Tower.

The odd part was from the penthouse I could see the West Coast Headquarters for WGI towering over Seattle's next tallest building by nearly four hundred feet which served as another well seen example that Winters Group stuck a half billion dollar building in the middle of Seattle just to prove a point. Whatever war that was going in. Had been going on, was quiet now that Kennith was in jail we'd all been there when he was sentenced to six counts of attempted murder, four from thirteen years ago, one from last year and two from a few months ago. The one I wasn't aware of was the Lake Como incident that Nathan had yet to tell me about but he said he couldn't really remember anything to tell me.