Chapter 16

Friday
06:17

The late August sun is slowly starting to set as Kingston turns his car off, grabbing his phone and bags of food from the passenger seat after. A message from Jaeda catches his attention and the heavy feeling in his stomach that he has been ignoring all day makes a grand return. His best friend's name alone is enough to make him feel so many ways about last night. If it weren't for Jaeda blowing up his phone earlier and pestering him to come over tonight, he would have spent his entire day at home to process what happened between Chrisanto and him. What they did last night should have never happened and Kingston hates himself for how easy he let it happen too. All of that just for him not to hear anything from Chrisanto all day long.

Kingston inhales deeply, mentally pulling himself together to text Jaeda back before facing her in a few minutes. He's secretly hoping she's canceling at the last minute, but knowing his best friend she's probably just checking to see where he is with the food. Kingston would usually pick her up to go get food together, but he simply couldn't face her so soon so he insisted on going alone. Luckily, yet surprisingly, Jaeda didn't seem to mind which gave him more time to gather himself.

Deceiving Juni and covering for Chrisanto is one thing to Kingston, but lying to Jaeda to cover for both of them after all those years is another. Especially after he told her that he wouldn't give into Chrisanto after the things they did prior to last night. Having sex with Chrisanto felt so good in the moment, but it left him feeling so much more in the end. Kingston needs time to wrap his head around what Chrisanto and he did and how he's going to tell Jaeda about this. He doesn't want to have secrets for Jaeda. She was there for him before and after everything that happened with Chrisanto, even turning her back on her own brother for him. The least Jaeda deserves from him is honesty.

Jae 💘

Today 06:10

> Where are you?

< Parked in front of your house, about to get out of my car
< Why?

> I need to tell you something

< What?

> Promise me you won't get mad or catch an attitude

< What's going on?

> It's not just Roman, you and I hanging out tn

< Oh?
< Are the others there too?

That explains the amount of food Jaeda asked him to get, Kingston realizes as he starts getting out of his car with the bags. He had just assumed Jaeda and Roman were really hungry. He shuts the door and locks his vehicle before looking down at his phone again, only for his body to run cold immediately.

> Juni is here too..

< You're not serious right now

> I'm sorry
> But I knew you would flake if I told you earlier

< Jaeda..

> Santo told me that he noticed that Juni and I have been hanging out less ever since you came back and it seems like I'm picking sides again while we made up about the past

< I'm not stopping you from hanging out with anybody I didn't even know Juni and you hung out to begin with
< But you could've given me a heads up Jae
< Especially when you know how things have been going

> I know and I'm sorry
> I promise shit won't be awkward or weird

< Whatever