Chapter 12

these long ass chapters I keep writing..

Friday
10:15AM

Mami 💘 is calling.

Chrisanto taps the green button on the screen of his ringing phone before going back to unloading the dishwasher. "Hola mami," He greets once the call is connected to his earphones. "Dime."

"Hola mi amor — are you coming over today?"

"I can come over today. Por qué? Algo pasó?"

"No mi cariño, everything is fine. I'm making rabo guisado today because your father has been craving it all week. I know it's your favorite."

"It is," Chrisanto smiles, putting plates away in the cabinet. "I want moro with it, though, not white rice."

Yolanda chuckles through the phone. "I know you and your sister too well. Do you want tostones or plantain on the side?" She wonders.

The doorbell rings when his mother asks him that question and he stops doing what he's doing, heading to the front door. "Both."

"You're just like your sister and your father. One of the two, Chrisanto."

"Fine," Chrisanto looks through the peeping hole in the door before unlocking and opening it. "Just like them I want plantain. Can you make empanadas, though? I've been craving those for a while."

"You're asking for too much," Yolanda sighs deeply in a joking way. "But fine. I'll make you some empanadas, mi amor."

Chrisanto taps Kingston's nose, gaining a nose scrunch as a way to greet him before turning around and heading back to the kitchen. His mother and him fall in a casual conversation, talking about simple things. He takes in Kingston's appearance when the younger guy enters the kitchen shortly after him. Kingston is wearing a black cropped sweater, loose mid rise black leather pants along with some newly released Jordans he has been trying to get his hands on for weeks now. His eyes nearly pop out of it's socketswhen he catches sight of Kingston's heart shaped belly button piercing.

Kingston leans his elbows on the kitchen island and rests his face in his hands as he subtly checks Chrisanto out from where he's standing. The older guy isn't wearing much except for some black cargo pants that have the waistband of his boxers showing. Chrisanto's locs are up in a bun with a few strands effortlessly falling from it, in front of his face. Kingston can't help but let his eyes wander over every single inch of Chrisanto's naked torso, taking in the way his best friend's dark brown skin is shining in the sunlight coming through the large windows of his apartment, and admiring the way his muscles move while he does something as simple as unloading the dishwasher. His eyes meet Chrisanto's for a split second and he quickly looks away, feeling his cheeks become warmer to an instant. He should probably get something to drink since he's so thirsty..

"I'll see you later, ma. King's here — yeah, I'll ask him. Bye mami." Chrisanto raises his eyebrows when Kingston turns his back to him and goes over to the fridge. One thing his best friend has been doing a lot over the past week is surprise him. He walks over to Kingston and raises the back of his sweater to get a better look of the large tattoo in the middle of his back. It's a snake wrapped around a rose. "This is dope as fuck." He says, subconsciously running his fingers over the fine lines of inked art on Kingston's skin.

Feeling Chrisanto's touch against his skin immediately sends chills down Kington's spine. "T– Thanks," He says while keeping his eyes on the products in the fridge, trying to keep his composure. That simple touch just made his body react in a way he didn't think was possible. "I got it last year."