Chapter 1

feel free to spam me with comments

Saturday
The Brown family's house
10:34 P.M.

Desperado by Rihanna is softly coming through the Beats Pill speaker in Kingston's room while he puts together a mood board for what he wants to photograph next. Inspiration always strikes him at the most random times of the day, tonight not being any different. He was in the middle of watching the movie Baby Boy when he got the inspiration for the mood board he's currently working on. It's nothing deep, just something to keep his hands and mind busy.

Soft vibration takes Kingston's focus off the laptop in front of him and he notices his phone light up. He gets up from behind his desk and walks over to his phone, picking it up. A small smile grows on his face when he sees who texted him.

Chrisanto 💙

Today 10:36 PM

> aye brace face

< What

> sup?

< Nothing
< I'm just putting together a mood board, editing some pics

> bettttt

< What about you?

> nothing
> just wanted to see whats up
> I just got done hanging out with the guys and stuff
> got my hair did earlier

< Cool

> man stop being dry

< I'm not?

> yea yea come open this door brace face
> I wantchu to see my hair
> I know u love my locs

Kingston rolls his eyes at the last text he receives despite the smile on his face never leaving. It's true, he has a fascination with Chrisanto's hair. He leaves his bedroom with his phone after turning the music off and makes his way down the stairs, to the front door. His father has a night shift tonight meaning that he has the entire house to himself. He told Chrisanto this a while ago and the older guy clearly remembered. And with Chrisanto coming over, he knows he won't be sleeping any time soon.

Rapid and constant knocking on the front door can be heard all the way from the top of the staircase. Christanto starts drumming a beat while occasionally ringing the doorbell as an addition. The beat he came up with sounds horrible. Kingston doesn't want to laugh, because Chrisanto is being insanely obnoxious by doing this, but he can't help it. Chrisanto purposely does stuff to annoy him and they never fail to put a smile on his face.

"You're really annoying, you know that?" Kingston calls out over Chrisanto's bad beat.

Chrisanto stops drumming at the sound of Kingston's voice and kisses his teeth. "Man, shut up and open this door. There's mad mosquitos out here."

Kingston stifles a laugh as he places a hand on the door handle. "Say please first."

"Brooo," Chrisanto drags out. "Stop playing and open up already."

"That doesn't sound like a please to me."

"You play too much, Kingston."

"I still haven't heard a please."

"King,"

"Yes, Chris?"

"Open the door," Chrisanto licks his lips and shakes his head as a smile grows on his face at the sound of Kingston's laugh. It has his heart beating faster, it almost feels like there are butterflies in his stomach and he just can't stop cheesing. "Please? We only have a couple of weeks left before we both leave for college and I missed hanging out with you these past few months while I was away. Also I really want you to see my hair."