Soulmates (13)

Narrator

You arrived at work and walked straight into Lapis's office after saying hello to the secretary staff.

"Oh! There you are, I've been waiting for hours, it feels like!" Lapis stated in a theatrical manner while you sat opposite her.

"Haha..yeah uhm so.. do I have work?" you interrogated, just wanting to get on with the patients.

She glanced at you in pure silence while passing you a sheet of paper and not leaving her eyes of yours.

"Uh..uhm?!" you looked down at the sheet of paper. "Jeffrey- Jeffrey Woods?!"

"Mhm.." Lapis smirked at you while not breaking the strong, one-sided eye contact. "I told you not to be surprised just yesterday.. oh well! Don't you want to get on with the work?"

You rushed out the room and looked at the paper closely.

Patients name: Jeffrey Woods

Number of room: 78

Disorders:
- Bipolar disorder
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Insomnia
- MDD (Major Depressive Disorder)
- PD (Psychotic Disorder)

Other: (mental health conditions)
- Schizophrenia

...

You guided yourself down the right of the building towards the male room's corridor. You walked down for 2 minutes until you reached the door number '78'.

On the clipboard, which had all the details of your patient, you had a key card to enter Jeff's room.

Jeff's POV

I sat in my ordinary, unpigmented bed. Most of the colour was pastel blue with a square, small window. The view wasn't even nice because of the spring tree blocking it.

My other psychiatrist from last week left because she definitely couldn't deal with me. I don't even believe she got the right diagnosis. Apparently, I'm getting a new one today. I hope this one won't be so fucking annoying.

I heard my door unlocked. I couldn't breath for a second, to what appeared was my fiancé. My wife. My lover. Y/N.

"Jeff.." she said my name slowly while closing the door behind her and smiling.

"Y/N?!" I jumped from my bed to run and hug her. "Your- you're my psychiatrist?!"

"Calm down and sit down."

"Mm..so?" I sat down on my plain bed again while she faced me on a chair next to my bed.

"Okay.. so- I'm your psychiatrist and uh- I- I don't know what to say! It's been 5 years.. I- you missed out on so much, Jeff.."

She stood up and sat next me. "Jeff?" she asked.

"Yes?"

"Our time is limited because the next few days im going to be meeting my other patients, but I will be here for you today."

"Oh.. uh- okay. That's fine. Are you still friends with Owen and Sydney?" I asked.

"Mhm! More busy so we don't meet up that much-"

"Are you still studying criminology?"