Night Confessions (5)

Narrator

It was a another day after waiting for hours for time to pass. You were waiting until 7:30pm like you promised Jeff until you got a phone call from your mom.

You: "Hey mom, what's up?"

Mom: "Hello sweetie I'm on a train and I'm coming home late tonight."

You: "Tonight!? Uhm.. why didn't you tell me or give me some warning?"

Mom: "I'm sorry, but don't panick. You'll get about 4hours to spend on your own still."

You: "Oh uh okay! How was the trip?"

7:16pm..

Mom: "It was great! We went to this traditional party for certain cultures which held each day..

7:19pm..

..and it was so fun seeing everyone in different clothing from all over the world! If I'd know about earlier I would've took you with me."

You: "It's okay..

7:22pm..

..and by the way should I give you some of the extra money I had spared from the money you gave me before leaving?"

Mom: "Yes thank you sweetheart..

7:25pm..

..also I will be going to the shops before coming home so do you need anything?"

You: "Uhm.. just some gum and sweets..

7:28pm..

..anyway I'm going to go now because I wanna spend time alone in the house as much as possible! Bye!"

7:29pm..

Reader's POV

After spending lots of time on call with my mom, I quickly put all the things I needed into a handbag and rushed outside.

...

After walking through the streets, I saw a dark haired, familiar figure in my distance. I rushed towards it to notice the similar smile.

"Hi Jeff- I rushed here- I swear- I'm sorry..for being- late," I was panting in front of him while catching my breath to hear mocking laughter. I asked, "What's funny?"

"Haha- Sorry! It's just..haha- it's only 7:31pm. I don't expect you to come exactly at 7:30, Y/N."

I grabbed his phone which was being waved right in my face and looked at the time on the Lock Screen. I sighed in relief. "Sorry! Thought you hated waiting for that long!" I giggled. He gave me a glare before grabbing me then walking with me.

...

8:23..

Narrator

You walked through streets, parks and roads with Jeff until you guys decided to take a break and sit down by an old oak tree.

You asked, "Hmm.. so what do you want to do?"