"We were just joking." Sultan tells her.

"Do you see him laughing?" Madhubala asks him.

"Relax, Madhubala. There is no harm done."

"You guys leave him alone." Madhubala furiously tells him. "I am sick and tired of you guys picking on him. If you trouble him once more, then I will break your bloody nose." Madhubala warns them.

Taking Rishabh's hand, Madhubala walks to his seat. She dumps his stuff on his desk.

Rishabh watches her in shock. Unable to comprehend what was happening around him.

"You okay?" Madhubala asks him.

Rishabh nods in yes.

"Good." Madhubala nods and tells him in a pissed tone. "Now, stop being a bloody chicken!"

Rishabh stares at Madhubala in astonishment as she walked off to her seat and putting her ear phones in her ears, she starts listening to music.

********

Next day, Madhubala gets into the school bus from her stop. She walks to her usual seat, third row, next to the window. That was her usual seat, as her stop is one of the earlier stops and when she boards the bus, there would be hardly about 8-10 kids.

Madhubala was about to sit when she notices an envelope kept on her seat. On the envelope, with Madhubala on top. It was not written but rather each alphabet was cut out from magazines, with hearts all over it. Curious, Madhubala opens the letter and sees big cut out letters of, I LOVE YOU, Madhubala.

Madhubala's heart skips a beat, and she looks around the bus to see who it was from. Some were busy chatting, some sleeping and Rishabh as usual studying.

Madhubala turns back to look at the letter, and she couldn't help the blush and smile. She gently runs her hand over the letter. Then closing the letter, she puts it inside her bag as she wondered who it could be from.

********

The rest of the day, Madhubala was curiously looking out to find who was behaving differently with her. But she couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. The whole day, her mind had been filled with this person. This was not the first time someone had told her that he loved her. Many guys had proposed her from her class, seniors and even one junior once, but she never felt anything for them. This guy, it kind of felt special because no one has done anything romantic like this. And with this romantic gesture, he had caught her attention.

She wanted to find him.

********

Next day, Madhubala got on the bus and in anticipation walks to her seat. She sees an envelope on her seat. Excited, she takes it as she looked around. Nothing out of ordinary. She sits down, and opens the letter.

You mean the world to me, Madhubala.

But she couldn't hide her smile.

She again looks around. And just as she looked at Rishabh, he looks up from his book at her.

Madhubala waves at him. Confused and awkward, Rishabh waves at her.

Madhubala gets up and walks to him while he watched her nervously.

"Hi." Madhubala says as she stopped next to him.

"Hi." Rishabh replies.

"Did you see who kept this on my seat?" Madhubala asks him as she waved the letter for him.

"No." Rishabh replies.

Madhubala sighs disappointed.

"Do you know who gets on the bus first?" Madhubala asks him.