Every Wish...

Hearing the alarm ring, RK jumps up on his bed and looks at the clock. 5.oo. Big day. Quickly, getting down from his bed, he hurries to the washroom to get ready for the day.

Half an later, RK comes running down the stairs shouting for his mother.

"Maa... Maaa..."

"Rishu... what happened?" Radha comes out of her room sleepily closely followed by his father. "What happened?" Radha asks worriedly.

Seeing RK all dressed up, Mohan asks "Are you going somewhere?"

"Give me breakfast. I have lots to do today." RK tells them.

"Breakfast? Now?" Radha asks confused checking the time.

"What do you have to do today?" Mohan asks at the same time.

"Tomorrow is Madhu's birthday! I told you both!" RK reminds them irately.

"Oh yes... yes... it's too early to think." Mohan says sleepily and he turned around and walked back to his room as there was no danger.

"Patil and Mangesh wouldn't be up now." Radha tells him frowning. "You should have told me that you would want your breakfast early morning."

"I told you I would be waking up early." RK says astonished.

"Yes but you didn't say anything about breakfast."

"You know, I wake up hungry!" RK reminds her outraged.

"Oh God!" Radha moans. "Please, Rishu... from now on please open your mouth and say things out loud. Please don't assume that just because I am your mother, I can read your thoughts."

RK rolls his eyes hearing her as he followed her to the kitchen.

"I don't know, how Madhu manages with you." Radha tells him.

RK couldn't help smile and tells her, "She speaks for both of us."

"That girl does talk a lot... doesn't she?" Radha asks fondly.

RK smiles hearing that.

"Yesterday, she came home and talked to Mohan for an hour." Radha tells RK chuckling.

"And?"

"Mohan couldn't even speak a word in between." Radha tells him bursting out laughing and RK joins her.

"Cornflakes?" RK asks disappointed seeing her take cornflakes. "No egg white omelet?"

"I am not going to cook early in the morning."

RK sighs loudly and decides to sacrifice his diet for Madhu. She was worth it.

"So what are you planning?" Radha asks him excitedly.

"Surprise birthday party."

"That I know." Radha says rolling her eyes. "What are you planning to do?"

RK looks at her for a while then smiling he tells her, "I am going to ask her to marry me."

"FINALLY!" Radha says beaming. "Mohan and I were getting worried that you would never ask her."

RK smiles hearing her.

"Did you get a ring?" Radha asks him.

RK nods in reply as he continued to eat.

"Show me... show me..." Radha says excitedly.

"It is at the jeweler."

"Oh."

Seeing her disappointment, RK takes out his mobile and shows her a photo.

"Oh this is so beautiful." Radha says beaming looking at the ruby and diamond, platinum ring.