Lost Love

"RK! RK! RK!" the crowd screamed as he stepped out on the balcony. He was once again Superstar RK, who ruled Bollywood. He waves at them acting excited and happy though in truth there was nothing in his life to be excited about. Once again the power and fame was his but he was no longer that RK who craved and needed that, he had changed. He had to lose his limbs to realize the value of the limbs and the value of the stardom he had taken for granted. Once he realized that, blinding by pain and insecurities he had set forth in destroying the only good thing in his life, his wife Madhubala Rishabh Kundra. Suddenly, she was the reason for every wrong thing that had happened in his life. He blamed her for everything. He even blamed her if the sun rose a little earlier than usual. Hell he even blamed her for getting pregnant. Then he had asked her to abort their baby for the sake of the movie. She had fought with him fiercely, like the jungli billi that she was. But he was RK, and he had no control over his tongue. He had blamed her for everything. He had even gone on to say that he had taken her from the chawl and made her a heroine while she had taken him from superstardom to a handicapped good for nothing. The moment those words had left his mouth he had seen the horror on her face and regretted his words but he could never take it back and he was RK, he never take back his words. Then she had made the mistake of arguing with him, she had said with tears you don't mean it. Somehow that infuriated him all the more, the fact that she now said he not only had no control over his body but also of his tongue. Then he had gone one to say that he had meant every word of it, and he didn't stop there, he had brought their unborn child into it. He had said the one thing he shouldn't have, he had told her how she was a curse on her father and him like that this child was a curse on him. After his paralysis they never had sex, so he had gone on to say that the moment she had conceived the child he had become paralyzed and now he was on the verge of bankruptcy because she wouldn't have an abortion and complete the film. Then she had given in. That was the end of their relationship. From the loving husband and wife they had gone to become strangers. She had moved into another room and he had let her. He was even happy for that, seeing her watching him struggle with his paralysis had made him feel like an invalid, feel like a namard. She had completed the movie. RK thought with a cruel chuckle, a movie that didn't even run for a week, that movie was the biggest debacle of that year. Then she had left him. The media speculated that she had left because he had become bankrupted, she had become the most hated celebrity overnight but he knew the truth, she had left him because he had made her kill their baby for a movie that was a disaster. The shock of the failure of the film and Madhu leaving him somehow expedited his recovery. The sympathy he garnered from his loyal fans because of his heartless wife had made him in demand again, and the producer's association had even lifted his ban and he started working in movies again. The humongous success of his next movie, and the overseas rights and satellite rights had given him enough money to appease his bank and call them off his tail for a while. Now five years later, he was debt free and successful, he had even achieved more success as an actor than he had in his previous outing but sadly none of it meant anything to him because Madhu had left him. He couldn't even look for her. He sighs as he walked back in and took his purse to pull out the letter that had changed his life. He opens it and reads it for the millionth time, the heart break and regret as intense and deep.

RK,

I am going. If you ever truly loved me then please don't look for me. Do me that favor at least.

- Madhubala

He hears his mobile ringing and ignores it, at the same time the hotel phone too starts ringing. He didn't want to talk to anyone. He wanted to wallow in self-pity and self-hatred. He caresses her name on the letter lovingly. He wished he could look for her, say sorry and bring her back home, and spend the rest of his life making it up to her but she had underlined the word truly in her letter and he couldn't ignore that because in spite of all of his shortcomings and selfishness, he had truly loved her and still love her. The phone continued to ring and he ignored it. Who the hell died this early in the morning? He thought furiously. He hears his door opening with a loud noise and he knew who it was, only one person dare to enter his room like as if he owned it. He turns to glare at Bittuji but it quickly turns to concern seeing his pale and worried expression. "What is it?" RK asks. "Did you see the paper?" Bittuji asks him clutching the newspaper. RK nods his head in negative praying all the while feverently, let it not be about Madhu. Let it not be about Madhu. "Chief, there is an article in it." Bittuji hesitantly starts. "Is Madhu fine?" RK asks in a ragged voice. Bittuji quickly nods and RK relaxes. "Here." Bittuji opens the paper and hands it to him. RK looks at it and stops breathing seeing Madhu's photo with a child. The title read RK-Madhubala's secret child.