Sweet Talk

RK was watching TV when his parents join him. Seeing them, he smiles at them and keeps his leg down from the table he had been resting it on.

"What is the score?" Mohan asks him as he looked at the TV screen.

"1 - 0." RK replies.

"Hmmm"

"When did you start watching football?" RK asks him smiling.

Mohan smiles realizing his son caught him and tell him, "You turn it off; we want to talk to you."

RK turns off the TV and turns to look at his parents, "What is it?"

"Rishu... we have been thinking of your marriage." Mohan gently starts.

"What about Trishna?" RK asks curiously.

"She is adamant that only after she gets a job she will marry." Radha informs him.

"She has 12 papers to clear for her engineering exam." RK reminds her.

"14." She corrects him.

"Hmmm"

"So we thought, even it is age for you to marry." Mohan tells him.

When RK remained silent, Mohan tells him "If there is anyone you can tell us."

"There is no one." RK informs them.

"We were thinking of Madhu." Mohan informs him.

"Trishna's friend who keeps coming here?" RK asks surprised.

"Yes. She is such a sweet girl. We all like her a lot. If you also have no issues, we will proceed." Radha tells him.

RK thinks for a while, he had seen Trishna's friend a lot of times at home, she was a beautiful girl but he hadn't paid much attention to her. "Let me think about it." RK tells his parents.

"Okay... take as much as time you want. Then only we will even talk to Trishna about it." Mohan tells him.

Next day, RK was coming out of his room when he sees Trishna and Madhu walking into Trishna's room. RK hangs around near Trishna's room keeping an eye on what is happening inside Trishna's room. A while later, he hears Trishna going to the bathroom and he quickly runs to the bedroom door.

"Psst."

Madhu looks up curiously. RK gestures her to come towards him.

Madhu curiously looks around and then asks him with a frown, "Me?"

RK nods then he keep his finger on his lips and gestures her to come to him.

"Yes?" Madhu curiously says as she walked towards him.

"I need to talk to you." RK whispers to her.

"Tell me."

"Not here. Come to the coffee shop down the road."

"Why?" Madhu asks frowning and tensed.

"I'll tell you when you come. It is very important."

"I'll come with Trishna?" Madhu asks him.

RK gives her a look and reminds her, "If I wanted the whole world to know then I wouldn't even be whispering."

"Okay, I will come. What is it about?" Madhu asks him upset for being talked to like an idiot.

"I'll tell you when you come. Can you come in half an hour?"

Madhu nods her head confused.

Half an hour later, RK was waiting for Madhu and sees her coming to him.