What Goes Around Comes Around

This story is kind of my taken on Madhubala after the episode where RK and Madhu goes to have lunch for Madhu's birthday and Ria comes there. This story has an open end.

RK watched her helplessly as she lay unconscious on the hospital bed. After her operation, it's closing to be 72 hrs, the time the doctors had said critical and she needed to pull through. He takes her hand in his and gently whispers, "You are irritating RK now, biwi. Just wake up. I am tired of this; you can rest all you want once you wake up. Please. You are scaring me." He continued to hold her hand and gently whispers switching between threats and pleading. Finally he saw a flicker on her face and he excitedly says, "Madhu... Madhu" then she open her eyes and looks at him. She kept staring at him. "Madhu... Are you alright?" RK asks excitedly and then shouts, "Bittuji, call the doctor." "Why did you run like that? Do you know what I went through seeing you get hit by a car?" RK furiously asks her and she promptly goes back to sleep. "Madhu?? Madhu?? BIWI wake up!" RK screams frantically.

"Mr. Kundra, please move aside." the doctor says as he hurried to the room.

"She woke up and looked at me and then she just closed her eyes." RK accuses the doctor he was just simply tired of this wait. He wanted his wife back.

"Please wait outside." Doctor says politely.

"Do you expect me to leave my biwi?" RK asks him furiously.

"Chief, let him look at bhabhiji."

"Madhu needs me, Bittuji." RK says stubbornly as he held her hand.

"Doctor, you please look at bhabhiji, chief will not leave her" Bittuji politely tells the doctor. Sighing the doctor checks Madhu.

"Her condition is much better than afternoon." Doctor informs RK.

"That is not enough. I want my biwi to be as she was earlier."

"I am a doctor not God." the doctor tells him having enough of the superstar's tantrums; he acted as if only he in this world has a wife.

"You have to be! You have to be whoever you need to be to save my wife!" RK tells him angrily.

"Chief, please stop it. This is not helping bhabhiji." Bittuji begs him. Hearing him, RK turns to look at Madhu and then hurries to Madhu's side and holds her hand.

RK looks at Madhu as tears stung his eyes; he knew she was in this condition because of him. If he hadn't lied to her about Ria then she wouldn't have ran away and got hit by the car. It was because of him that biwi was fighting for her life. Why did he even lie to her about Ria? Ria was a friend, he couldn't even say friend, she was someone he met and connected in a superficial way, but there wasn't anything between Ria and him that he needed to lie to Madhu or hide from her, but he did and Madhu had caught him. Then Ria noticing the bracelet on Madhu's hand had declared that it was her bracelet which made him all the more guilty. That time, the guilt was true, he had forgot her birthday and she had mistook Ria's bracelet to be her birthday gift. He feels a tug on his hand and looks at his hand to see Madhu's hand slipping away and he holds it tight and looks at Madhu to see him looking at him.

"Madhu..." she pulls away her hand again and he holds it tight. "Stop pulling your hand away, Madhu. Are you angry with me? Madhu, I lied to you about taking Ria to the farmhouse, I am sorry Madhu. And I know you finding out about it through a third person, that too Ria, hurt you but I am sorry, Madhu. That bracelet was Ria's. she left it at the farm house and I had kept it with me to return it. I am sorry I forgot your birthday, Madhu. But stop scaring me like this. Please just get well soon. We'll discuss everything else later. You get well soon."