Fra'u Nari si

I set up my recording station on my desk at the foot of my bed.

The desk sat against the wall, the same wall the door was on in my small standard bunk room, I sighed looking around the room and at the boring gray walls surrounding me. ut even the drowsy color couldn't stop the grin from splitting my face in two as I regained my focus.

"Okay. Remy, focus. Now, since it's guaranteed they may listen to some of these video logs-- breathe and think before you speak." I spoke as I took a deep breath. With a click of a button, I began recording.

"Alright. You're in Grace's.... good graces... for now. Now stay in her favor-- why didn't I think of that word first- no focus!" I scolded myself. "I assign myself a mission here and now." I sighed giving a sharp snap in my ear.

I sat with my back straight and cleared my head with a calming breath and arm wriggles. I looked at the camera and then the monitor I had, I adjusted the camera so I was in the middle of the screen.
"Stick with them. No repeats. The book is in your hands. Ranje kaka sa a!" I scolded myself with my favorite Haitian Creole words of wisdom, and the only real sentence I can say.
I opened my journal jotting down some key notes for myself.

I then focus on the camera. "Okay. Day one. I've officially been on the moon Pandora. Called this by the humans, but by the natives "Eywa'eveng". Oh shit!" I swore scribbling in my notebook again knocking my camera over before situating it again in my excitement.

-Stay close to Jake
-Keep Grace in the know
-Take nothing Norm says personal
-Be polite and say nothing to the leaders
-Save Tsu'tey from Wainfleet.
-Quaritch Sucks Ducks!
-Keep Grace out of fire line.

I smiled as I wrote the last two. Before facing my camera again.

"Okay. First an- no secondly, try to keep an open mind. Don't freak out... more." I told my camera self as I took a breath relaxing a bit, after counting to ten I refocused. "So, we got grunts, and we got eggheads. I am neither. I wish this was like every dream I've had about this place. It would be so easy if I could just run with the breeze and find the small little.. uhm..." I sighed pulling my notebook over and flipping to my homemade dictionary.

"Prolemuris - Syaksyuk!" I smiled at the fun name.

"Okay. That's enough camera time, I have nothing else to say now. They never said how long the logs needed to be." I smiled turning my camera off with a shrug. I then spun in my chair looking around my small room.

'What manual did he read? No, he was probably just being a smartass.' I thought as I tidied up and got ready for bed. But I couldn't sleep.

I began bouncing and hopping in place my mind running rampant as my excitement spiked once more.

'Jake's the fuking Avatar! He will bring the nations together. He's not a bender, but he is the best of most worlds. This is going to be scary as hell, but the best thing of my life!' I smiled bouncing still.
My smile fell when I thought about the BMIHG Big Man In Hells Gate.

But for now, I need to focus on what's happening as it happens, if I try to prevent something too important too far in advance, something worse will balance it out later.. right? That's what the Doctor tells us. I just have to pick carefully what I change. But I can't do too much all at once.

I gave a slight tug on my right ear lobe.
With every small tug, I repeated the same words.

"Stay." Tug. "Close." Tug. "To." Tug. "Jake." Tug.

I did this a few times and let go, I soothed my burning ear as I contemplated sleeping... and probably waking up in my tiny apartment, or going into zombie mode from my lack of sleep when I try linking tomorrow.