Prologue

Editing :)

"How are things going on your end?" Obi-Wan asks, his figure flickering on the blue hologram. Alona scans the snowy area, taking a look at the clones that are holed up behind a fallen tree trunk. That was their cover to survive the neverending blasts from the army of droids.

   "Waiting for the second wave to arrive. What about you? I'm assuming you haven't gotten a hold of Grievous yet, considering the lack of celebration throughout the galaxy." She grins, kicking the powdery white snow. She pulls her cloak closer to her body.

Obi-Wan shakes his head but gives the faintest smile. "We're just about to land. Shouldn't be too long before the war is over." He replies. Commander Cody shows up and whispers something to him before disappearing from the hologram. Alona nods, chewing on her bottom lip. It had gotten chapped from being on Kaller for so long. It was too cold for her liking.

   "Sure you don't need my help? Depa Billaba and Caleb are here. I don't think the Batch will mind if I skip out on this one." She says with pleading eyes.

At this, Obi-Wan grins. "They might not, but the rest of the Council sure will. You're still on probation, in case you forgot. Besides, I'm capable of taking down Grievous myself."

"The last three years beg to differ." Alona quips, teasing him about his cat and mouse chase with Grievous throughout the Clone Wars.

Obi-Wan sighs, unable to admit that he misses his graduated padawan. As annoying as her comments could be, she made the last three years more bearable. "Good luck with 99, General." He simply says. "See you when the war ends, Master Kenobi." She nods before ending their chat. She puts all of her attention into the approaching battle.

Clone Force 99, more famously known as the Bad Batch, were waiting patiently for the army of droids to arrive. They seemed more relaxed about the situation than Master Billaba is, and she'd been through this a dozen times more than they have. Alona makes her way over to the group. "Kaller is the exact opposite of Tatooine and yet I hate it just as much." She complains, standing between Hunter and Echo.

"Snow is better than sand, in my opinion." Hunter replied, his eyes staring at the scar that ran from her cheek, across her lip, and onto her chin.

Depa Billaba was scanning the grounds, then she let out a sigh. "Can someone tell me where the rest of my reinforcements are?" She questions.

Hunter takes a step forward. "Rerouted. We're all you're gonna get." He replies.

Wrecker walks over, hearing what Hunter said. "And we're all you need!" He exclaims confidently.

Tech looks up from his device, holding up a finger as he gladly corrects Wrecker. "Actually, if my calculations are correct, General Billaba won't be needing any of us."

Hunter raises an eyebrow, not really believing Tech's words. "Wanna tell that to the approaching battalion of clankers?" he questions, gesturing in the general direction that the walking scraps of metal will soon be coming from.

   "I am referring to the encrypted comm chatter. General Kenobi is approaching General Grievous as we speak." Tech explains. Hunter turns to Alona, who nods, confirming the information.

"The end of the war may be coming, but not as fast as these clankers. General Billaba, I understand your discomfort with the lack of clones, but I assure you that numbers aren't everything," Alona announces, then turns back to the men she had been assigned to on probation. "Do what you do, men."

"Yes, sir!" Wrecker exclaims.

Caleb, Depa Billaba's padawan, makes a sound of excitement. "Master, can I go with them? Please?" he pleads. Hunter slides on his helmet and gets his weapon ready.