Promises

Zuko followed Yue as she pulled him through the ice tunnel.

The tunnel was long and eventually, they reached an entryway, holes in the ice spread around the cavern.

Zuko froze as a creature swam out of a hole in the ice, looking at him with big doe eyes.

What is this?

Yue looked back at Zuko's longing eyes while looking at the tiger seal and laughed.

He hasn't changed...

She went up to the tiger seal and put his hand on its head, "It's a tiger seal. They have them all around Agna Qel'a."

Yue watched with a fond smile as Zuko petted the tiger seal, clearly becoming attached to it.

Zuko pet the seal and decided maybe Agna Qel'a wasn't so bad.

Sure, everyone here except Yue and maybe Mira hate me, but they didn't kill me. Sure that's just because I had Aang to vouch for me but still.

He was pulled out of his thoughts as Yue dragged him to an area that looked almost exactly like the dream Oasis.

He gaped at the scenery and looked around, "It looks just like it."

Yue smiled, "All it's missing is the turtle ducks."

Zuko snorted, "I don't know if they would survive how cold it is."

Yue hummed, "I don't know, I think they'd survive just fine."

Zuko watched in wonder as Yue took water from the river and made a turtle duck float around.

She's gotten better...

Zuko grinned and made a golden Koi Fish to chase it. It still wasn't as good as his dragon but it was close.

They laughed as the turtle duck and Koi Fish chased each other, remembering the times they did the same in the Dream Oasis.

Finally, the Koi Fish caught up and the turtle duck exploded into a burst of steam.

Zuko and Yue caught their breath as the steam dissipated, still giddy off the feeling of being together again.

Zuko looked back at Yue, her hand still clasped in his as his heart beat a mile a minute.

Yue smiled, "I missed you."

Zuko gulped, knowing he was raising the temperature around them, "I missed you too Yue."

Yue happily watched as Zuko burned up awkwardly, feeling ecstatic that they could still talk like no time had passed at all.

I missed this...

She let go of his hand, "Okay, you stay here and talk with Tui and La. I'll be back with your gift."

Zuko looked at her curiously, "What do you mean talk with Tui and La?"

Aren't they like... busy or something? Being the moon and the ocean and all that stuff.

He looked around to double-check but still only saw a pond with 2 koi fish and a tree.

Yue giggled, "They're the fish. Tui's the white one and La is the black one. They've been watching us since we got here."

Zuko gaped at her and turned to the black and white Koi Fish that were circling each other.

Yue left him and Tui to get to know each other, stifling a laugh as Zuko sat down and gave the fish an awkward 'hi, Zuko here'.

..........