Journey pt. 1

Katara woke up with something cold in her mouth.

She looked down and saw a frozen frog staring back at her.

"What the hell Aang!"

She spit out the frog and wiped her tongue, trying to get the taste of the frog out of her mouth.

Ew Ew Ew. It still feels slimy. Gross...

Aang looked over to Katara who had finally woken up from her sickness.

"Katara! You're awake!"

He shrunk back as Katara glared at him, "Yes I'm awake. That doesn't explain why you stuck a frog in my mouth."

Aang held up his hands hoping to show his innocence. "I had to. The old lady said it was the best cure for swamp fever. Zuko said the lady knew what she was talking about and helped me put the frogs in your mouth."

Katara shook her head, still trying to forget the feeling of a gross frog in her mouth.

That's so disgusting. Why couldn't that old lady give me actual medicine? And who's this Zuko he's talking about?

"Who's Zuko?"

Aang looked at her excitedly, seemingly bouncing in the air.

"He's my new friend. He helped me cure you guys and agreed to help us fight against the Fire Lord. He had to go write a note to his uncle, but he's going to travel with us from now."

Katara looked at Aang's excitement and calmed a little bit. She wasn't going to complain about extra help.

It's good that we have a new ally. I'll have to make sure he isn't going to try anything fishy but if he's being honest about wanting to help then we'll take all the help we can get.

Katara was about to ask more about the new addition to the team when her brother woke with a sneeze.

"Ew! Why was there a frog in my mouth? Aang what did you do?

Katara sighed as she helped stop Sokka from tackling Aang in false rage.

Hopefully, the new guy isn't as much of an idiot.

........

Iroh looked at his nephew with pride as he explained his plan to go with the Avatar and help him stop the war.

"I'm so proud of you nephew."

Zuko looked down in embarrassment and mumbled a "Thanks uncle", not used to receiving such praise from others.

Iroh looked at his nephew with elation and got out his white lotus tile, placing it into the palm of his nephew.

He is ready.

"Now that you have decided on your course of action I think it's time I tell you about a secret of mine."

His nephew looked at the tile in his hand and looked back at Iroh with a curious gaze.

"Oh, is this about your flower group."

Iroh froze as his nephew called a secret organization that worked toward world peace a 'flower group'.

How did he know? And we're not a flower group. If anything we're a Paisho group.

He cleared his throat, "We are called the White Lotus, and we have been working to help the Avatar restore balance to the world. I'm going to teach you our code, and if you meet one of our members you will be able to get their help on your journey."

Zuko scowled, not liking the idea of having to learn a secret code using a Paisho tile.

Of course, It involves Paisho. Why wouldn't my Uncle make me play more Paisho with his friends?