Journey pt. 3

Zuko watched as the Water Tribe siblings searched the beached ship for any clues.

They had found remnants of a Water Tribe ship that Sokka claimed came from his father's fleet.

He didn't know a lot about the Water Tribe siblings, but he knew that they were from the Southern Water Tribe. If their dad had a fleet around this area then it was probably one of the ships that did raids on Fire Nation ships that pass through the area.

I know they want to see their dad again, but I really don't want to get attacked by angry raiders. Will I get a pass for being Aang's Firebending teacher? Do they give Firebenders passes?

He was pulled out of his thoughts as he heard someone call toward them from the distance, "Sokka, Katara, is that you?"

"Bato!"

He looked over and saw Katara and Sokka running toward a man wrapped in bandages and wearing Water tribe clothing.

Great. Just my luck...

He followed behind Aang, watching as they talked to Bato.

Finally they seemed to notice how awkward Aang and him were so Sokka pointed to them in an introduction.

"Bato. This is Aang, the Avatar. And Zuko, his uh..."

Zuko knew he was trying to find a way to put it lightly, but it didn't matter.

The second Bato turned to him and noticed his golden eyes he sprung, taking the club from his waist and aiming at his head.

Zuko was quick to retaliate as he drew his swords to block it, kicking Bato in the chest to gain distance.

Bato took the kick firmly and attempted to move back into the fight until Sokka and Katara grabbed his arms, with Aang standing in front of him.

Sokka tried to calm Bato down, "Wait Bato! He isn't our enemy, he's teaching Aang Firebending."

Ugh! I can't believe I'm calling him a non-enemy. I'll worry about it later, Aang will never forgive us if Bato kills Zuko.

Bato stilled and looked from the Avatar to Zuko, narrowing his eyes at the scar on his face and the golden eyes he had.

He stopped trying to attack Zuko and sized him up, never letting his guard down for a second.

Bato sneered, "I find it pretty hard to believe that a Firebender is helping the Avatar. From what I've heard all they know how to do is burn homes."

Zuko narrowed his eyes at Bato, refusing to back down, "And I find it pretty hard to believe that a man from the Southern Water Tribe is protecting Katara and Sokka. From what I heard they let all their women and children defend the tribe."

Zuko felt a little guilty for using dirty laundry he got from Zhao, but Bato was being a dick and he wasn't going to take it lying down.

It worked too, because Bato turned absolutely red with anger, nose flaring as he seemed to attempt to stop himself from trying to kill Zuko on the spot.

Katara stepped in between them, trying not to take their comments to heart, "Guys, let's just calm down."

She turned to Bato, "Look Bato, I know you don't like that we're traveling with a Firebender."

Bato snapped to her, "Damn right, I don't. The fact he isn't dead already makes him a threat to you and Sokka. He should do the world a favor and set himself on fire, it'll be the least he deserves."

Zuko clenched his teeth and tried to hold back his anger.

Set myself on fire my ass. I'll kick your ass without my bending. Do the world a favor by getting rid of your annoying mouth.