CHAPTER NINE PT - 1

"No wonder you're late . .  

why this watch is exactly 2 days slow!

*  *  *  *  *

SUNDAE smiled sweetly at the small gathering of young men in front of her, twisting the ends of her blonde hair nervously. Shyly dropping her chin, she pointed to the large king-sized bed, sporting an assortment of tuxedos.

"For all of you," she whispered, "it's time for Prom. I told you it would come with the end of the storm."

Jimin winced, frowning as V shoved him in the back with his fist (grinning at the unpredictable sister's announcement). "Gamza Sundae," he nodded agreeably, a not so enthusiastic collaboration following.

Holy shit. What was their problem? They needed to be 'happy', 'excited' . . . 'enthusiastic', to be invited to Prom. After all, wasn't it was Jin and Jimin, who'd suggested they try overly exaggerated expressions and endearments in the first place, to assure they wouldn't be trapped here for an eternity?

"SO!" Sumre's loud boisterous voice could be heard outside the open doorway, her slender frame sliding into view as Sundae moved aside amicably. "Everything's ready!" she announced. "Ahhhh, you are all SO HANDSOME . . . Especially you Hatter . . . I don't know what I ever did to deserve you," she crooned, stepping up toward Jin and V, patting both their cheeks lovingly. "I can't wait to see how you look for pictures. Agree sister?"

Her heart racing, she threw Sundae a blank look, teasingly moving toward JungKook and Jimin. Pecking Kookie on the back of his dark head, her hand skimmed Jimin's bare arm seductively. "And, YOUR MEN are just plain sexy. Mmmm, wish we could share!"

Bouncing back toward the door, long hair flying, she cackled mischievously hoping she'd gotten under Sundae's skin the way she'd intended. T

aste of her own medicine. That's what she needed. Put her in her place before the picture taking even began. 

Hands behind her back she rocked on her feet, waiting patiently for the backlash.

"YOU . . ." Barking angrily, Sundae shook a long-manicured fingernail in her annoying twin's face, her eyes smoldering, "You just need to STOP. That wasn't funny."

"Oh, geez. Like you never do it to me. Tsk, tsk." Sumre clucked her tongue, one hand on the doorknob. "It's time to get ready, or as usual . . . we'll be late."

The boys watched fascinated as the smug and grinning Sumre swept over behind the door, bending to Sundae (as if she were a Queen) ushering her out toward the hallway. Face set in a steely stare, the livid sister marched past without a final word to any of them.

Holding back momentarily, Sumre waited for her to disappear before whispering, "She's going to lock the door. But, don't worry . . . this is just pictures. Hurry and get dressed. We'll be back as soon as we change."

Then scrunching her shoulders, she clapped her hands excitedly. "Isn't this fun! YOU ARE ALL AMAZING. This will be my first REAL prom!" And, blowing a massive kiss she vanished out the door.

Jin lunged toward the knob as soon as her figure left the room, but no sooner did his fingers curl around it, then he heard the automatic CLICK.

"DAMMIT. First REAL Prom. What the hell is that supposed to mean?" he questioned the others, not sure why but being guinea pigs for someone's FIRST prom, wasn't exactly something he wanted to experience that day. Leaning against the door frame he exhaled in exasperation. "Someone has definitely screwed with these girls. And, we're suffering the consequences. Us and who knows how many before us."