CHAPTER TWO PT - 1

"D'oh! I'm still locked, you know!"

A HOTEL ALONG THE HIGHWAY
DROPPING wearily into the hard, wooden desk chair, RapMonster tapped his ear once, twice and then a third time. 

Who the heck was singing 'Happy Birthday' in his head, followed by strange, yet familiar voices and WHY?

Hoping maybe it was coming from the room next door he leaned in close to the wall blinking curiously. "Aishhh," he muttered, "impossible . . . that's our other room for the rest of the members. It's empty."

Flipping on the overhead light he was certain he was hearing children. Eyebrows furrowed, face pinched, he strained to make sense of the abnormal song. Mingling with J-Hopes light snoring in the bed beside him, and sound of running bath water where Suga had rushed to have a long-awaited soak after their arrival, it left him totally confused.

The dim room bathed in a soft glow made him wonder how long they would be stuck here. They were used to hotel rooms. That wasn't the issue . . . the rest of the missing members were.

As the confusing chorus of noises intensified, he felt the need to write down what he was hearing. Searching his backpack for his IPad, for some reason, it couldn't wait another minute.
Unconsciously humming 'Happy Birthday' to himself, he furiously typed the whispered sounds, a strange feeling of foreboding beginning to overtake him.

Satisfied he at least had the beginnings of a new 'eerie' sounding rap, he leaned over in the chair tossing his bag and I-Pad on the bed beside J-Hope. Losing his balance he toppled over sidewise. Attempting to catch himself he smacked his shoulder on the wooden edge of the bed frame, hitting the floor with a loud thud.

Jolted up off the bed, a bleary-eyed J-Hope mumbled, "Hyung, you okay?" staring at his friend sprawled out at the foot of the bed, rubbing his throbbing muscles.

Crossing both arms over his chest, RapMon let himself relax, a low chuckle beginning to form in the lower regions of his belly.

No wonder they called him 'Destruction'. Even his body was constantly at risk. Gradually rearing up, he nodded 'ok', realizing the singing in his head was surprisingly gone.

OUT IN THE HOTEL HALLWAY

WAS it possible she had gotten to the ice machine just in time to snag the very last bucket of ice on the entire floor? 

Grinning at her good fortune, Alexandra peered into the empty case, hiking up her sagging pajama pants. Unable to resist 'Eminem's' rapping pounding through her earbuds, she closed her eyes crumping her way around in a circle, fists pounding the air, knees bent, mouthing the words as she went.

RM let the hotel door slam shut behind him, anxious to get to the ice machine and fill the bucket for a cold glass of water. Composing was hard work . . . Who was that? Straight ahead of him, down at the far end of the hallway was a pajama clad girl, flinging herself in circles, empty bucket in hand, listening to something as her head rocked back and forth.

Pausing momentarily he watched, amused at her crumping style. 

Well . . . regardless . . . she was pretty damn good! 

Chuckling, he stepped away from the door unable to resist the urge to sneak up on her from behind, imitating mid-air gyrations and arm punching.

Feeling a presence at her back, Alexandria (Alex for short) stopped suddenly, swinging around to confront whoever the stalker was.