Chapter 9

Hanni's POV

It's 6:30AM, my class is still in the afternoon but somehow I can't go back to sleep. I went autopilot last night. I drove back, ate dinner, studied, and went to sleep. I wasn't able to process things properly 'cause I kept questioning why I felt the way I did.

And to be honest with you guys, I don't really want to think about it. It hurt. It did. I almost cried when I was in the car, but what can I do? Confess? It's just been a month and I'm not entirely sure of what Minji feels about me.

What if I tell her and she just laughs at me or worse she stops talking to me. I wouldn't just be rejected, I'll lose a friend too.

So I figured, I should just take a breather and let it be. Maybe she realizes she doesn't like the guy and magically appear on my doorstep telling me she likes me.

I laugh at my own thought. I wish it was that easy. That the world just hands you what you want in life but sadly it isn't like that. Right now, I'm suffering over these feelings I have with Kim Minji and all I can do is stare at my ceiling and wait for a miracle.

My phone dings.

——————————

MINJI

🐻 - good morning hanni!
🐻 - what time are you going to campus?

——————————

I catch myself smiling at my phone's notification. Get A Grip Pham Hanni.

This Girl! Why is she texting me so early? Why won't she text her Kang Taehyun and ask him what time he's going to campus. Ugh. Whatever. I don't want to see her just yet. I might accidentally say something I'd regret and all hell breaks loose.

——————————

I walk out the door to see Danielle sitting by our couch listening to some music on our TV.

Now Playing
Fall In Love Alone - Stacey Ryan

Dani greets me a good morning. I sat by our dinner table and placed my head directly on top of the table.

"Can you turn that off?" I tell Dani pertaining to the music she was playing.

"Whats with the long face?" Dani asks.

She stands up and moves to the chair right in front of me. "It's so early why are you so gloomy?" Dani adds another question.

"I think I have a crush on someone."

Dani's head immediately turns to me. Extreme shock glued on to her face. "WHAT? Who?!?!?!?!"

I finally put my head up and looked at her. I didn't answer her question.

"HANNI? Wait let me guess."

I just gave Dani a stoic look.

"Is it Jay?"

I shake my head.

"Hmmm Sunghoon"

I shake my head again.

"Soobin?"