Chapter 8

Hanni's POV

Dani, Haerin, and I successfully auditioned for PAC yesterday. Dani and I did a duet of SNSD's Into the New World and we had the auditorium exchange a fair share of applause after. Dani and I prepared an individual dance number as well and I think we both nailed it.

Haerin shined on her performance. The moment she set foot on that stage, it's like a whole different person exuded. She didn't seem shy nor aloof. She stood on that stage as if she was born to perform. You can see her passion as she danced. Danielle couldn't stop talking about it really, I was amazed but Dani... Dani was moved from the entire thing. I think she didn't expect it to be as great at it was. She couldn't stop talking about it after. It's like Haerin gained a fan of sort. As I said Dani loves admiring people, especially if their talented. And seems to me that Haerin has it all. She's smart, pretty, kind, and talented.

We'll be getting our audition results by the end of the week, I need a plan B if I ever fail to get in PAC. Though college organizations aren't really a requirement, it's still a huge part of your individual learning and networking in your college experience so I'd want to assure that I won't miss it especially in my first year.

Minji just texted me if I wanted to be groupmates for our CorpComm activity. We've been texting often recently, we'd hangout during our vacant hours. But I think i'm finally over my infatuation towards that girl or I'm atleast gaslighting myself into thinking I'm over it. I haven't seen her in campus today, maybe she doesn't have Thursday classes. I should really stop thinking about her so I can save myself from this mess, but God why is it so hard to not think about her.

Me? Pham Ngoc Han? Letting my feelings take control over me? No way right? I'll get over this whole crush thing. Just Trust.

I was driving my way back home from campus when I thought, I should get some pastries to take home. I'm sure Dani would like some cake or cookies as well. I passed by and parked my car by the starbucks near campus.

I enter and walk my way towards the counter and low and behold. The person I could not stop thinking about is standing right at the other end of the line.

I gave her a light poke. I waved my hand as she turned her face towards me. "Hey dingus." I greet the girl.

"Hanni!" She pats my head as she greets me. I can't hide the smile on my face right now but what was that pat for? I am not a kid.

"What are you doing here?" She asks me with a smile. God I really love seeing this girl in front of me.

"I was just gonna get some coffee and a snack to bring home."

"Oh yum!"

Before I could reply a person cut my thought off and went up to us.

"Min, let me carry that for you." A guy with a familiar face takes the serving tray that Minji was holding.

"Oh Taehyun, meet my friend. Hanni." Minji gestures to me.

"Hanni, this is Taehyun. The guy I was on a call with when we were in the car."

Right then and there, I feel my heart drop and shatter. It's like a boulder fell right into my shoulders causing me to go weak. She's with that guy.

I give a fake smile and nod. Trying to compose myself from my feelings. I feel my chest tighten.

"Hi Hanni, nice to meet you." The guy offers his hand.

"Hi." I gave a short answer. Damn I did not expect for this to hurt this bad. I gave an awkward handshake barely making that much contact from the guy.

"Would you like to join us?" Minji offered with a smile still plastered on her face. HELL NO? I would rather die than watch you flirt with someone else. f#ck this hurts. f#ck. f#ck f#ck.

"I'm good. Thanks." I told Minji. She gives me a long look and I avoided her gaze.

"Okay, we'll just be by that table if you changed your mind." Minji adds.

I just gave her a nod and went to pretend do something on my phone. I walk my way to the line and I tried to busy myself to not look at Minji's way.

I couldn't help but steal a glance from their table. I saw Minji smiling and talking to the person she's with. Right at that exact moment I felt miserable.

I thought to myself that I'd rather go home empty handed than stand in line while seeing Kim Minji share a laugh with... I don't even know what he is to her. Date? Boyfriend? Significant Other? idk f#ck that.

I rushed to my car to breathe and fix my thoughts, I haven't started the engine yet but I can't seem to find the motivation to move. I just sat in my car trying to figure out the emotions that's filling me.

I thought it was just a silly little crush, that i'm just infatuated over the idea of her. I'm just simply admiring her comforting face.

Is this it? Is this the feeling of complete defeat? Seeing someone you absolutely adore be in the hands of someone else?