Chapter 2

Hanni's POV

*Ding*

The sound of the cafe's door chime clicks as someone enters through the door. I've been studying in the cafe near our apartment, I don't have a list of requirements to pass yet since it's just been the first week of our class, but I'm doing some advanced reading and I have been fixing my calendar.

Dani went to one of her classes this afternoon, we have the same subjects but we don't exactly have the same schedule, I only had morning classes today so I'm focusing on just having my y/n moment, romanticizing my life, pretending to study in a cafe, hoping for someone cute to go up to me and ask me if my seats taken.

Well, I know that's a long shot but daydreaming has always been a thing I do. I love picturing myself in cliche romantic scenes. Like walking down the hallway while holding a pile of books and suddenly bumping into someone, all of a sudden we lock eyes as we pick up the book I was holding, I apologize to break the tension and they asks me what my name is and what I'm reading then we fall madly and deeply in love, it has never happened to me, yes, but i think it's not so harmless being in my silly little head. Maybe if I plant the seed in my thoughts, I'll eventually see the harvest in real life.

My phone buzzed.

Dani just texted me asking me where I am, she says she'll be catching up with me at the cafe and she'll be bringing a friend she met in class. Dani is really my extroverted bestfriend she never fails to start a fun conversation and easily make friends, I'm not an introvert but I never speak unless spoken to, I love meeting new people but I tend to need some time to fully warm up. Not that I'm picky with friends, I guess I just can be shy at times.

*Ding*

The cafe's door chime clicks again as someone enters through its door. Oh It's already Dani with her friend, they slowly walk up to me by my seat, good thing I chose to sit on the long table so we have enough space for the three of us.

"Hey Hanni bunny." Dani greets me with the brightest smile on her face.

"This is Lee Hyein, we sat together through Biology" she introduces the tall girl she dragged along with her.

"Hi Hyein, It's so nice to meet you! You can call me Hanni." I greet my newly found acquaintance.

She answers with a pretty smile showing a dimple on her cheek. "Hey Hanni, Its so nice to meet you as well" Hyein greets me. "Omg you're so pretty" Hyein adds.

I cover my mouth at her proposition "Oh stop! you're so pretty too." we just smiled at each other and bickered through each others compliments.

They took their seats and we started having small talks.

Hyein is a freshman as well, though she's much younger than us, she mentioned that she started school early and that she excelled in some classes that's why she ended up going to college early. She seems smart and talented and I love surrounding myself with someone who shares so much passion and interest in life as I do. I'm just glad we already found another friend in Uni in our first week and I'm so excited since she's planning to tour us around Korea and introduce us to some of her friends since both Dani and I are practically foreigners fairly new to everything around us.

*Ding*

The cafe's door chime rings as a tall guy walks by the cashier. Dani looks at me with wide eyes. Oh no, here we go again.

"Oh my God. I'm telling you all, the guy who just walked in is so cute" I chuckle and shake my head at Dani's remark.

"I'm so sorry Hyein, Dani buzzes when she finds someone cute! All the time! You have to get used to it." I warn Hyein, she looks back to check on who entered. As she turns her head back to us she greets us with a shocked face.

"Oh That's Kang Taehyun!" Hyein mentions. "He's a sophomore at SNU. You think he's cute?" She asks Dani.

"Yeah, omg link me" Dani says with an excited face, she really keeps eyeing people but she never really pushes through with any of them.

"She's courting one of my friends at the moment actually but I'm not sure if my friend's interested, I'm not entirely sure if he's all nice too" Hyein sharing some tea.

The guy looks pretty but he's not exactly my type. I don't know maybe if he's nice I would consider it but i don't feel exhilarated by him really. I don't really understand what my type is since I find it so hard to catch feelings for a person. As I've said, I've never truly experienced what romance truly is, so i've never truly understood what real attraction feels like.

——

"Oh Hyein, Dani and I are planning to go shopping for the acquaintance party this weekend." I tell Hyein.

"Oh! yeah the acquaintance party, you guys are going as well!"

"Are you free anytime this weekday, let's go shopping!" I invite Hyein. She's fun to be with. We've been in the cafe for several hours and we still haven't caught any dead airs between us three.

"Let me check my schedule and I'll let you guys know." Hyein tells us.

"We have to get your number then!" Dani exclaims. She's right so we can be in contact throughout the days.

"Here." We all pass each other our phones and write each others numbers in our contacts.

"My friends are coming to the acquaintance party as well, I would love for you guys to meet them." Hyein excitingly tells us.

"That would be soooo fun!" Dani exclaims. "Yeah, We should all go to the place together" I add. "You can pass by our apartment or we can meet by the entrance on Saturday, whatever fits your schedule".

Hyein accepts our proposal as we dance our excitement for the weekend.

————————
A/N
I'm slowly introducing characters in the story!

Hyein is hereeee!

for those who are reading I'd like to know if you'd like a love triangle between bbangsaz and catnipz or kittyz? i've been lining out how the story's plot will go so keep in touch! <3