Chapter 3

Our saturday seemingly started off very normal, we went down by our street to get some takeouts for lunch. Dani and I are very pumped for later's party, we both agreed not to get too drunk since we'll be driving back home. We don't know anyone there so we agreed to be as "responsible as a bee" or whatever quote Dani told me while we were chit chatting.

I swivel my chair in my room as I figure out what to wear for later. We went shopping with Hyein but I still couldnt tell what the best look to have for tonight. Should I go for something preppy? or more streetwear? or just casual? I glanced at the digital clock on my bed side table. 5:30 PM. The gates open at 7:00 PM but both Dani and I agreed to be there on the dot. The problem with Dani and I is that we're both chronically early. We'd rather we be there on time than miss out on little details that might be essential for our living experience. We're young! We shouldn't be missing out! We should be savoring each moment we have in our lives.

I stare at my closet. "Alexa play Spotify" I shout into my room so my speakers can play a random playlist of mine while I get ready.

——

We agreed to meet Hyein at the gate but she told us she might be a little late because she's waiting for her friends to finish getting ready. Dani and I are parked by the parking lot outside the venue. Time check! It's exactly 7:00PM.

"How do I look?" I ask Dani. I ended up going for a casual fit just a cropped black sleeveless button up top paired with some dark jeans and my trusty docs.

"You look absolutely gorgeous!" Dani exclaims with the brightest smile plastered on her face.

"I know, Thanks!" I answer arrogantly. Striking a little pose for her.

Dani's jaw drops to the floor, annoyance drawn on her face "Ok Miss? I take it back, I hate you." not forgetting to give me a side eye.

I laugh at her reaction. "I'm kidding, You look gorg as well. C'mon lets go!"

Dani and I walked in through the event's door and we're excitingly greeted by the first person we see.

"HEY GIRLS! I'm Huh Yunjin I'm the current head for the student formation department, Welcome to our year starter's acquaintance party!"

Both Dani and I exchange turns to introduce ourselves, Yunjin pointed to us the way around the place and told us that we needed to take a welcome shot as we enter the premises. "Just to kick it up a notch" she says.

——

Dani and I went around and met with some people, we both are fairly buzzed from a couple of shots we took by the counter. We're by the living room and the music is playing pretty loud, I can feel my heart beat along with the bass. Dani was mouthing words at me but I can barely hear it due to the music literally booming at our faces.

She waves at someone behind my back and as I turn I see Hyein walking towards our direction. She's with a couple of her friends, one with a familiar figure but I couldn't really tell due to the place being a little dark.

"HYEINNNNIEEE" Dani shouts as she welcomes the girl. We all exchange hugs and greeting as we got to meet again and as her friends stood beside her, I feel a gaze looking towards my direction.

Oh isn't she the girl from our Literature class?

The girl leans in closer to me. I feel a little dizzy at the girls sight in front of me. I lock eyes with her as she moves closer to me. I think the alcohol is getting in my nerves a little, 'cause as she was leaning closer to me, my heart started skipping a beat as if it was going to explode any minute.