Chapter 15

Hanni's POV

It's been a week since the night of EM's party. We all got in the organizations we applied for, Yay. Beomgyu broke the news to me last friday before it even got officially announced, we met up in campus and he brought me a tub of ice cream. Nothing special but he's really sweet, great to be as a friend. We'll be having meetings once our board announces schedules. Dani's appeal for Alliance is also getting processed. So far everything's going swiftly but the weird thing is Minji and I haven't talked since. I wasn't able to get a hold of her in class or in campus. I'm not sure if she just always has an errand to attend to or if she's purposefully ignoring me. God she won't even glance at me. She hasn't texted me too and I don't want to bother her if she's busy.

Okay, I'm lying I think I just don't have the courage to message her first, especially after EM's night situation. I also realized that she has been always the one messaging me first or initiating to study together on discord/in real life. She messages me out of nowhere sharing her cute little drinks and snacks, asking me about my plans, inviting to check out a place she saw on instagram, doing study dates, grouping up for class activites. Ugh. I miss her, I really don't know what to do.

Genuinely it's scaring me, I think i've gotten so used to being around her presence the past month that spending my days without any contact from her is bringing me into a sort of uncomfort and I'm confused where the sudden cold shoulder is coming from. Did I do anything wrong? Recalling what happened in the bathroom between us seems a blur, did I lunge myself at her? Did I disrespect her in anyway? It's hard not knowing what exactly is the problem, or if there's even one to begin with.

I haven't talked to Dani about it and I'm not entirely sure what I should say. There no reason to worry since were not together in the first place so Minji and I we're never obliged to talk or hangout everyday. I just got used to it I guess, that's why its bothering me.

I've just gotten out of my morning class and I figured to study and take notes in a cafe near campus for my afternoon. Being alone in our unit would tear the life out of me because of my unending thoughts, having to spend it in a busy place would be far better. I figured to text Hyein if she's available, I still haven't memorized their schedules so I'm not sure if she's available. Dani can't because she has classes and an interview for Alliance.

———————————-
Lee Hyein 🐣

🐰 hyein wru

🐤 cafeteria!! are you in campus?

🐰 gonna study at 722, wanna study together? im alone :(

🐤 G I'm writing a paper for philo, but can u drive me back to campus i have classes later :,)

🐰 fine. just treat me sticky cinnamon bun 😘

🐤 WOW ? i wish i had ur audacity

🐰 thank u he he he i can just pass by u at gate b?

🐤 OKKKK gate b is perfect ill text u when im there.

————————————-

I walk my way to our campus' parking lot and in to my car. I got in, put my things down at the back, and started my car's engine. I'll be picking up Hyein by the gate nearest to the cafeteria. As I was maneuvering my vehicle, my phone buzzes.

Lee Hyein 🐣: I'm tagging Minji along btw she's with me.

When I read out Minji's name from the Hyein's text my soul immediately left my body. Minji? Minji is coming? I can feel my heartbeat pulse out of my chest.

I immediately checked myself on the mirror to assure if I looked cute. I need to retouch my lipstick but I think I look decent enough. Oh heavens, why am I so nervous. I don't know if I should feel excited or If i should be worried. I need to act as casual as I can be and not show that Minji has been absolutely dwelling in my thoughts for the past 7 days.