Chapter 11

Hanni's POV

Dani and I decided over the weekend that we'll be attending EM's celebratory party later. I'm currently in class but I have been thinking what outfit to wear the moment I woke up, I'm not sure what the theme of the party is 'cause I wasn't able to ask Beomgyu. I forgot to ask Minji about it too. Minji said she wasn't sure if she can go 'cause she has a dinner to attend to. She didn't tell me who she would be spending it with though, I'm hoping it's not with Taehyun.

Ugh. Can she just stop entertaining that guy. I hope she's not replying to his messages nor answering his calls. She told us she didn't even have feelings for him, so I don't understand why she's still hasn't rejected him yet.

I haven't really asked her how things are going on between them, I'm scared I might react negatively or that I'll end up getting hurt. I'm genuinely scared to know what progress their relationship has made. Plus I don't really have the right to be upset over what's going on between them.

Minji and I have been getting really close recently though. We text a lot, study together, and we see each other in campus frequently. I can't lie though, sometimes I catch myself giving meaning to all our cute interactions even when I know I shouldn't be. Minji gives me a fair share of flirty lines here and there but I think it's just all platonic bickers. I do not want to assume that every time we tell each other about ourselves or every time she shows me some care that she finds me something more than what I truly just am, a friend.

But I have to admit.

I wish I make her heart flutter the same way she does mine.

————————————

I drove my way back home, I texted Minji to ask what the party's theme is for tonight and she answered that EM's paying homage to The Flappers with a bit of Metropolis. From what I recall, Flappers was a movement in the 1920's wherein women dressed unconventionally, it signified today's freedom, art, and culture while Metropolis is a little sprinkle of the 1920's film era. It's expected of SNU Editorial Magazine's branding. It a bit overbearing for me and try hard, to be honest. But magazines has always made a way to recognize historic fashion eras along with film so ofcourse EM having that as a theme is fitting.

I think I have the outfit for the night. I'll wear a white button up with my leather skirt and jacket combo. I'll match it with a beret and maybe a tie? We'll never forget to accessorize too.

I open up the door to our unit and went ahead to check if Dani's home, and... she's not? Doesn't her class end at 2:30PM. It's almost 4PM. She might've gone somewhere, she could've texted me atleast especially since we have an event to go to tonight. I'll take a quick shower and if she's not home by the time I'm done, I'll check up on her. I went inside my room and as I was putting my things down, I hear the apartment's door jangle. That's probably Dani, guess I didn't have to worry after all.

I went outside of my room planning on giving Dani some yelling for not updating me. when I realize Dani has brought a visitor with her. "Ehem. Excuse me?" I signal my presence towards the two girls sitting by our couch.

"Hanni!" Danielle stands up and greets me with a hug.

I give Danielle a suspicious stare. She brought a crush with her, how can I not stare?

"Hey Haerin!" I gave the cat eyed girl a smiley wave as she stood up and bowed at me.

"Thank you for letting me visit your humble abode." Humble abode? Haerin is definitely something, she's so prim and proper, adorable.

"What are you guys up to?" I ask both of them.

"Haerin's going to help in writing my appeal tonight and hang out for a little bit." Dani exclaims, I see Haerin nod in agreement.