Chapter 6

Hanni's POV

I open the door to Minji's car as we leave to go home.

"Seatbelts on please." Minji utters.

"Are you telling me what to do?" I jokingly ask as I humorously look at the girl on my left.

Minji gives a long pause and looks back at me.

"Yes, I am actually.

           What are you gonna do about it?"

Minji says as she turns to me with a smug look on her face.

I feel my blood rush to my ears. A hint of nervousness passes through me after hearing her tone. "W-What did you just say?"

"Noooothing." She avoids my gaze and starts the car, I can see a smile curved on the side of her face. Wow this girl surely has some confidence, I roll my eyes at her.

"Where are we heading to again?" Minji turns her head at me for a second as she drives her way to Seoul's streets.

"Oh yeah here." I put down our apartment's address in the navigation application.

We sat in silence with music playing on aux as we were driving home. Minji's music taste is very r&b and.... chill? Something you'd listen to on a late night long drive. Not that it matters, but I personally like listening to other people's music. You can learn so much about the person whenever you listen to their playlist. And so far there's something about Minji's interests that's just really enticing.

"Have you decided on an org to join?" I ask the girl trying to break the silence.

"Oh yeah, I'm planning to join the university's editorial magazine." Minji answers back.

"Really? I didn't know you were into writing." I give her a confused gaze.

"Well magazine's aren't necessarily just about writing." She looks back at me for a second as she turns back to look at the road. "It's also governed under art, photography, fashion, sociocultural articles... especially pop culture, and even music!" She adds with passion seething through her words.

I nod at her, taking in the knowledge of what she just told me. "That sound's really cool and exciting, you're making me want to join the editorial magazine with your tone."

"How about you? Have you figured out what org to join?" She throws my question back at me.

"I'm thinking of joining the performing arts company, but I'm not entirely sure about it yet." I answer her.

"Oh that's my brother's alumni organization and I think Haerin's planning on joining that as well, I can help you around if you'd need some help." Oh! I almost forgot about knowing his brother

"WAIT? Did you know our brother's knew each other?" I ask the girl as I remember our families being acquainted.

Minji looks at me "What? Really? How???? Who's your brother?"

"His name's Hanbin. Your brother and my brother used to hangout when we still lived here in Korea." Minji just nods as she listens to my story.

"But that was way way back, more than ten years ago." I explain to her as I try and recollect the little memories I had living in Korea, I can barely remember.

Minji, on the other hand, had no idea of who my brother was but she says that his brother might have mentioned him but it just never stuck to her.

Throughout the car ride, I was able to tell Minji a little about my life in Australia. We also bonded over what having an older brother feels like. How weird and pushy they can be but becomes overly protective when it comes with other people, especially men.