twenty-three

April's pov:

April: "Matt?"

Of course I'd bump into him in the bathroom. At least he wasn't shitting.

Matt: "Uh hey."
April: "Hi."
Matt: "Um... oh sorry, you can use the bathroom now!"
April: "Oh no, it's okay. I didn't have to use the bathroom, just wanted to get away from everyone."
Matt: "Oh yeah, same"

I stand there awkwardly.

Matt: "The music is really loud, come."

Matt grabs my hand and pulls me into a room closing the door behind us.

Matt: "It's quiet in here."

Matt sits on the bed as I sit beside him.

Matt: "You look really good by the way!"
April: "Thank you, you look really good too!"
Matt: "Thanks!"

We sit there awkwardly for a minute...

Matt: "So uhh... are you okay?"
April: "Yeah, why?"
Matt: "I saw you with Jake. Just making sure he didn't do anything that made you uncomfortable."

I smile.

April: "I'm fine really! Are you okay?"
Matt: "Yeah, why?"
April: "I saw you with that drunk girl. Just making sure she didn't do anything that made you uncomfortable."

Matt laughs.

Matt: "She did make me uncomfortable but I got away."
April: "That's good."

We go a second without talking...

April: "So um... it's been a week since we last saw each other ."
Matt: "Yeah, I'm so sorry. I wanted to text you but I didn't want to annoy you. So I thought maybe I'd wait for you to text first."
April: "You don't need to apologize, and you can text me whenever you want. I won't mind!"

_________________________

Matt's pov:

April: "I won't mind!"

April gives me a soft smile which made my heart melt.

Matt: "Yeah, okay thanks!"

We both make eye contact as I give her a smile back, but April looks away rubbing her eyes.

April: "Sorry, I'm so exhausted! I worked a 7 hour shift today and then I was dragged to this party!"
Matt: "It's okay, I'm pretty exhausted too."
April: "Oh really? What did you do today."
Matt: "Uhhh... well I... umm... okay fine I didn't do anything."
April: "You did nothing today and your tired?!"
Matt: "Hey! Living with Nick and Chris is really exhausting, and I have to deal with them everyday!"

April laughs.

Then, April looks around and back at me...

April: "I think I'm going to sleep for a little bit. I can barely keep my eyes open.

April lays down on the bed.

Matt: "I think I'm gonna sleep too."

I lay down beside her.

April: "Do you think that whoever's room this is would mind us sleeping here?"
Matt: "Me and Nathan are best friends I'm sure he wouldn't mind at all."
April: "Plus we are only sleeping in her for a little bit so-"

April stops talking. I turn my head to look at her as she's already knocked out.

I notice her hair covering her face and decided to move it out of the way for her.

I sit up and bring my hand closer to her face softly moving her hair away. I look at her gracefully sleeping. I smile.

I grab the throw blanket that was at the edge of the bed and cover April with it.

I lay back down and close my eyes slowly drifting off to sleep.