"Oh, we awakening the dead?" I joke, though secretly I wouldn't put anything past them.

"Yesterday when I saw Esther, she did this privacy spell so no one, not even vampires, could hear us." Elena explains.

"A privacy spell? With sage?" I ask and she nods. "Pass it here." I say to Bonnie and she obliged, handing me the weakly burning sage.

I tried to remember the spell since I hadn't done it for a number of years before I start.

I re-light the sage and let energy flow into the bundle, creating an abundance of smoke.

"Caroline, can you hear me?" I ask, and when there was no response, I snuffed out the sage on the ashtray before knocking on the bathroom door.

"Have you guys started?" She asks, poking her head out of the doorway and I smile.

"I just had to make sure I could still do it. I can teach you, Bonnie?"

Bonnie nods gratefully so I sit on the bed, demonstrating how to do the spell while the other two watch on, seeming mildly interested.

I tried to teach Bonnie the spell as well as I could, but there was a bit of blockage. A... lack of magic.

"Is there any reason you would have less magic than usual?" I ask and the three exchange looks like they didn't want to tell me.

"Well ..." Elena says but Bonnie stops her.

"Elena." The witch snaps but I keep my eyes on both of them.

"What?" I ask cautiously.

"She'll find out anyway," Elena argues and Bonnie looks as if she wanted to argue more but she relents.

"Esther... came to visit me. She's channeling me and my whole witch line, living and dead. That's how she's getting the power."

"The power for what?" I ask slowly and Bonnie doesn't speak for a second before blurting it out.

"She's going to kill all of the originals." Bonnie says and my heart skips a beat, though I didn't know why. I barely knew them and I already felt protective.

"How?" I demand and she quickly explains what she did with the champagne last night.

I was only half listening because I heard footsteps coming to the front door. I recognised those footsteps.

"Well, ladies," I say in a tight tone. "Time to face the music. Or... original, but you know, same thing." And as if on queue, the doorbell rung. "And by the way," I say, turning to Elena. "Elijah knows you were lying last night. It's better to tell the truth now than he find out what you were lying about." Her eyes go wide but my main focus now was to stop that woman from killing her kids. "Do you want me to get that?" I say in a sickly sweet voice, referring to the door.

Elena nods numbly but follows me as I go down stairs. I swing the door open and low and behold, there was the second oldest original standing at the door with a stoic expression on his face.

"Elena. Morrigan. What a surprise you're here." He says to me in a light tone.

"Oh, Elijah, you're going to want to hear this," I say, though I tried to hide my blush at the memory of last night. "Call me when you need something." I quickly lower my voice. "Or just call me." I whisper so Elena doesn't hear. He smirks for a second before turning back to the doppelgänger.