Twenty Four--

Chapter Twenty Four

Annabelle

I couldn't believe my guards for being so clumsy, she's merely just a werewolf who thinks that you could slap them around when they're next to ledge. My men weren't the brightest. Sure they were supposed to get her, but she was supposed to still be remaining alive. It wouldn't be that much of a big deal anymore now though. the man hurried below, gather around her. I coughed loudly and then I'm noxious tone getting some guards to clear a path as I walk there. Looking down at her limp body I lean over and I check her neck for a pulse. Surprisingly there's still one beating, yet it was very weak.

Blood from her body was splattered all over on the ground, instructed some of my men to take her out of your back to the self. Where they would be and its her up, we still have that meeting with Dimitri. In exchange for Kate if we give Daisy back. nothing has change still between us. The vampire war that my father has going has nothing to do with the business I have going on. So they would continue their war, I'm sure even more so when they find out about Daisy.

"Pull the car up front I want to make sure we arrived early. I don't want Dimitri and his other months to show up before we do. I want a good look out at the place. Since they pick it they probably already know what top from bottom. I want to know all the places they can hide I want to know where the most likely attack us from us they did. I want to know everything I can about that place before we arrive," I call out to all of them, at least what's left of them. I have to admit that Daisy got a pretty good chunk of guys before she went over the edge.

There we're still plenty of more disposable men if I really needed them though, these are my personal own guards. My father who has a lot more than me and his work currently in training. Something deep down told me that if Dimitri wants to see his precious mate alive that he won't start a war right in the middle of it when her and Kate are right in the crossfire. If there's one trait I actually admire from werewolf, it's of their undying love for their equal. They always put them first no matter the situation. Even if it meant sacrificing himself.

Over the years I've heard stories about werewolves and their mates, I've also heard of vampires having a so called soul mate. No one has ever confirmed that in my years, it's merely thought of as a rumor spreading through us. Some of the vampires cleaned on to that hope, hoping to keep some of their humanity with them. Others they could care less and didn't believe that whatsoever. Me? I certainly have no idea how I feel about the situation. All I know is that there's plenty of rumors, as far as I know there's only ever been one vampire couple that's ever truly confirmed it. It didn't mean anything to most people, they were probably just a couple that were deeply in love. One of the rarest things I've ever heard is a vampire having a mate that's a human.

If I am higher, then maybe I would have believed it, and climbed onto my humanity with it. Over the years though I've lost my humanity, I didn't know what to do. I still don't know what to do with myself. I also examined couples sometimes, jealous, wishing I could feel the emotion that they do. Throughout all the years so my feelings seem to have diminished. Instead it turn into cold hard anger at everything and everyone. sometimes for my own fun and entertainment I would take the love one of a couple. Forcing them to turn into a vampire and then kill their own one that they fell in love with. I'll admit that's beyond cool, even for me I used to be a love struck girl when I was younger, when I was human.

"Annabelle, we're ready to go. We've got Daisy and one of the cars laying down, she's stable. I don't understand how she could have survived such a fall. Do you know what happened? No one not a human or a werewolf should have been able to survive that fall."

"Let's just say that she should really be more careful what she drinks. Haven't you ever heard when you go to club you don't take a drink from a stranger? Well let's just say it's a hypothetical situation like that, she shouldn't of took the drink. She ended up taking it anyways though. I had to get her two, I know the dangers of this place. Good thing she did or else she really would have been dead."