16.

Principal Weems' warnings are not going to scare me

I am back in Xavier's room, preparing for Wednesday's birthday party. I sit at his desk, cutting out text from a few different magazines.

"It was nice of Thing to tell us about Wednesday's birthday. Her family seems really nice," I say.

"You know her dad got arrested at the Parent's Weekend?" Xavier replies, he laughs lightly.

"Holy shit, her dad got arrested?" I ask, stunned, "how did I miss that?"

"You were in the woods with your mom," Xavier says, "but her dad's out of jail now, turns out he wasn't the murderer."

"That's good," I say, laughing slightly from the shock of hearing such a thing. I go back to gluing down the last of my letters and when I'm done, I hold up my finished masterpiece.

"If you want answers, meet inside Crackstone's Crypt, midnight," Xavier reads it out loud, "perfect."

"Hopefully Enid's ready to go," I say, standing up and heading over to my boyfriend, "you got the cake?"

"Yep, all ready to go," The boy picks up the cake packaging and I smile at him.

"It's go time."

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"Okay, I'm heading in," Enid tells Xavier and me. We both give her a thumbs up and wait away from the door, out of sight. We gave the cake to Ajax earlier and he's already headed to the Crypt to help set up the decorations. We're going to meet him there to help with the finishing touches, but for now, Xavier and I were delivering the party invitation.

Enid opens her door and closes it. Xavier and I wait a little as we hear the two girls conversing inside. I'm pressed against Xavier's shoulder and his hand rests lazily on my thigh. I look to him, and he nods towards the door; it's time.

I stand up and quickly flick the magazine cut-out underneath my old dorm room's door. Quickly, Xavier and I head down Ophelia Hall's stairs, running away, just in case Wednesday decides to open the door after us. I start to sprint past Xavier, racing him to the pentagon.

The cool, evening air hits me as I run out into the open. I'm still laughing from the rush. Xavier follows close behind me and I slow down, pausing to catch my breath.

I place my hands on my knees and take deep breaths in and out. Xavier quickly catches up to me and rests his hand on my shoulder.

I stand up and look at him in the moonlight. He's breathing heavily and I am, too. My face is close to Xavier's and I see his lips part again. I lean into him, and his lips meet mine.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Everything was tinted blue, besides the piercing yellow light that Wednesday was shining through the midnight air. I was pressed up against Xavier once again, but this time Ajax and a group of other Nevermore students were there, too.