73

LUCAS P. O. V.
----------------------------
Sunday: 9:00 A. M.
-----------------------------

I walk into the kitchen to see the second biggest pain in my ass, seated around my kitchen counter eating what looks to be...cereal.

My fucking cereal, at that.

Clearing my throat to get her attention, I say, "Hold on deh, yuh n'ave nuh cereal a your yard?"

At my tone, she looks at me and frowns. "Good morning to you too, Mr. Sunshine."

I don't care for her attitude. "Weh yawh do yah?"

Rolling her eyes, she responds just as snappily saying, as if I'm blind, "Eating breakfast, duh."

"Yuh know say your parents' house almost two times the size of this, right?"

"And?"

Fiddling with the strings of the waistband of my sweatpants, I ask, "Why yuh leave ova deh fi come a my likkle matches box fi come torment mi?"

She hisses her teeth and stuff another spoonful of cereal into her big ugly mouth.

Crunching so rahtid ole loudly.

With an irritated scowl on my lips, I trudge over to the fridge and pull out a bottle of green juice.

I need to hit the gym, later.

Hopefully, I get back from Mandeville in time.

I stare at her as she continues to eat, ignoring me. "Nuh cereal nuh over deh fi yuh eat?"

Her smile is cheeky. "Your cereal tastes better."

I hiss my teeth so loudly, it echoes. "Don't make mi tell yuh 'bout yuh parents, man."

She giggles, as I take a sip of the juice.

When I bring the bottle down from my lips, I quirk a brow and ask, "How yuh get in yah, anyway?"

"The spare key under your mat," she responds through a smug smile. "You really need to find a better hiding place for that, by the way."

Noted.

"Then again, don't. 'Cause I won't be able to come in."

Aye! Yuh know daring, Bredda?

That a Gabby's first, middle, and last name.

"How yuh come so, dawg?" I ask, not even concealing my annoyance.

It's way too early for this shit.

She laughs aloud, making me roll my eyes and walk over to the stairs.

The clinking of her spoon, against the bowl, stops, and I hear the sound of the stool scraping against the tiles as it's pushed back, but I don't turn around.

Just as I hit the landing, I hear her small voice behind me.

"Luke?"

I ignore her.

"Big bro..." she continues.

Then adds, "The best big brother in the whole wide world."

The whole wide world eno, star. Yuh waan hear.

Pushing the door to my office open, I say, "Wah yuh want?"

"Lawks! Why are you so hoggish, sir?"

A so mi grow...

I turn to face her, quirking a brow. "So mi status downgrade now?"

She hisses her teeth and rolls her eyes.