Arc 11 Educated Youth

Start from the beginning

This educated youth is tall and big, and looks very strong, but he is too lazy!

He has been here for two years, he still cannot do the work in the field properly. All he knows is to hide at home and be lazy.

"That said, the educated youth is really too lazy."

"Zhang Zugen's daughter also fell in love with him before, and recently, she was also discouraged."

"Can she not be discouraged? He is so lazy, he gets poorer and poorer..."

...

This educated youth, the people in the village really don't know what to say about him.

When he first arrived, he looked glamorous, and his leather shoes were all polished. Everyone thought that his family must be rich, but they weren't.

In the past two years, no one has sent him anything!

In the first year, he was able to live on by selling the things he brought, and in the second year, he was able to live by borrowing food from the village and the people around him.

This borrowed grain from the village, he had to write down every penny. He doesn't always show up for work, and he certainly can't pay back at the end of the year. This...

More importantly, the villagers also learned that his family's background is not very good.

People in this Jiangnan water town have soft personalities. In recent years, it has been so chaotic outside. Sometimes, officials will also pull people from their side to criticize, but the toss is not serious. No one does anything to the educated youth, but everyone does not want to approach him.

Even if he is well-educated, because of laziness and bad background, the girls who had been in love with his face at first retreated one after another.

Everyone in the village feels that if the educated youth keeps going like this, he will probably be a bachelor for a lifetime!

As for the other person in the village who may be bachelor for a lifetime, it is Gu Mingxiu who is working hard to smash the ground.

Gu Mingxiu is the best-looking person in their village. He is not worse than an educated youth. He works hard. When he was fifteen years old, he was able to earn the same work points as an adult when he was working in the farm.

But he also has fatal flaws.

First of all, his family background is also bad—Gu Mingxiu's grandfather was the big landlord of the village.

The Gu family used to be in the raw silk business.

Their family built a large yard with a wall of three meters high by the big river and built a dock. For decades in the morning, when the cocoons are collected every year, people nearby shake their boats to sell the cocoons here. On this dock, that is where people come and go, and the silver banknotes are carried in bamboo baskets.

The Gu family's old man was once unspeakably impressive, and Gu Mingxiu's grandfather, who had gone to the big city to study, was the only one who did so in the village.

It is a pity that the times have changed too fast.

Before Gu Mingxiu was born, the Gu family was already ruined. Not long after he was born, his father committed suicide for various reasons. After that, Gu Mingxiu's mother took Gu Mingxiu and married an old bachelor in the village who could not marry a wife, and gave birth to four more children.

But even if Gu Mingxiu's mother remarried, Gu Mingxiu's backgroung is still not good. Many people are unwilling to marry him, let alone... he is still dragged down by his family.