Chapter 23 : Little Tigress

"Ammi, Mera paratha bhai ne chin liya!" Maaysaa quipped to her mother as Huraira very nattily slipped the paratha from her plate or at least that's what he thought.

(Mom, Brother have snatched my Paratha)
(Paratha - Indian Bread)

"Huraira" Just one word from the Abu Baqr and Abu Huraira closed his open mouth which he has opened to tell something in his defence and without another word gave Maaysaa her Paratha with a very nice apology and the whole family was left gaping at the scene in front of their eyes.

What they didn't know was Abu Baqr reasonably politely informed him, If he ever sees him troubling Maaysaa, he could kiss his pocket money goodbye.

It's been a few days since Maaysaa has been staying at her home and on these days she could only bask in the love and warmth she has missed her whole life, things she desired were presented to her even before completing her sentence and the undivided attention she was gaining from her family was a thing she was completely gratified for.

"As-salamo Alaikum" A loud voice came from the entrance of the dining room and a moment later, Baraq Yosoufi presented in all his glory, perfectly ready in his three-piece black business suit with raven hair gelled back toppled on his head.

Basheera stood up and hugged her brother, he reciprocated her gesture as he gave her a tight hug and kept her in his embrace when his phone rang with an upcoming call. He picked up keeping Basheera in a side hug.

Maaysaa peeked up from her plate towards her husband who has bestowed his presence after their last conversation when she has asked him to keep it hidden, no phone calls, no texts, no talks, she is seeing him after all these days and still, he is yet to award her with a gaze or even acknowledge her.

The unknown emotion bubbled inside her, fury may be, hurt might be, irritation for sure. She glanced at him properly but he kept talking on the phone rubbing Basheera's shoulder in affection and something close to longing as she also wants to be in his arms, his strong arms, the way his fragrance envelopes her when he tightly embraces her, the way she could hear his heartbeat close to her ears, the way warmth encloses her and suddenly something fluid like filled her unique orbs as the bitter taste of ignorance crammed her.

She missed him and here he was doing everything to not come in front of her or even glance at her, she tightly closed her eyes to stop the tears from spilling out from her eyes and when she speculated she could not control anymore, she excused herself as she made a beeline towards her room in a haste.

Baraq might have his ears on the phone and his hands on his sister but his eyes were on his wife only, albeit discreetly but on her. And he caught sight of her peeking at him, the myriad of emotions transmitting through her and the last melancholic look she had before she left.

It wasn't like he didn't miss her, but he felt it was high time he put the distance between them as she was on his mind more than he would like to approve and her demand made the perfect connotation to provide the space he needed. But oh did his much-needed space made him feel any better? The answer was NO.

And the fact that her demand made his heart churn painfully was another thing he has left to address, he was avoiding reality like being colour-blind in a world full of colours. He signed internally as he excused himself still being on the call and went behind her.

Maaysaa washed her face with cold water and took some deep breaths, giving a pep talk to herself that if he doesn't care then she should not as well if he could ignore her, she should also. Making a strong resolve in a washroom for five minutes straight, she stepped out in her room, only to discover her Husband sitting on her bed with a photo frame in his hand, a family photo to be precise which they have taken recently and had framed it.