Chapter 12 : Welcome Home

She was discharged the next day as her reports were clear just Anaemia and vitamins deficiency were traced and for that, she has been prescribed iron and multivitamins supplements. Baraq went his home early morning and changed into another pair of clothes along with taking a bag of clothes with him as he would be living with his wife for some time now and his sister was at their maternal uncle's house so there won't be an issue.

After getting discharge papers and doing all formalities they were ready to go, they settled down in a car and the journey towards their flat began.

"Where are we going?" She asked him as she was unknown what he has planned about them ahead.

"I am taking you to the flat I have told you about in the mail, as my parents are out of the country and they don't know about our marriage, we will stay here till I settle down everything" He replied in a detail letting her know about his whole plan, not hiding anything from her.

She felt bad as because of her he had to lie to his parents and had to live with her instead of at his house but she couldn't gather the courage to say it out loud and stare out of the window from where she could see a gift shop. A fluffy stuffed toy on display made her want it immediately, she always loved these squishy toys but was never able to buy them.

She looked at the toy and then turned around and looked at him who was looking at a red signal, should she tell him to buy it for her? She contemplated but again not having strength in her, she gave one sad smile to the white fluffy toy and he started the car to get moving as the signal turned green.

He noticed her expressions, he could almost hear her thoughts but he deliberately avoided her as he wanted her to tell him about her wishes. They went ahead but she didn't utter a word and he understood that they were still not close for her to express her wishes and huffing a breath, he took a u-turn. She kept a quiet as she never knew where he was taking her, she felt he must be taking a turn or something, not caring much about his actions, she was still lost in her lost white stuffed toy when her eyes widened seeing him stopping the car just in front of that shop.

She gazed at him in confusion as he unbuckled his seat belt and turned toward her.

"This is the first and last time, from next time if you won't tell me about your wishes, I won't consider them, understood?" He asked her and she nodded at him enthusiastically. He smiled at her in return and rounding the car opened her door where she got out with visible excitement.

He was walking ahead and she was looking around the big shop with excitement in her unique orbs as her hand slipped into his without her notice and he almost immediately held her palm talking to the shop owner about the stuffed toy.

After a moment, the sales took it out from the display and placed it on the counter, she looked at him for permission and he gave a slight leaning of his head to the toy urging her to take it. She then took that white stuffed toy which was even more soft to touch. And she closed her eyes feeling its softness.

"Final?" He asked her and she gave him a feverish nod to let him know how delighted she is

"Pack this" He informed the shop owner as she handed it back to the owner, after wrapping it in a big brown bag he again handed it to her who took a hold of the bag with both of her hands almost hugging it to her heart, and they both exited the shop arm in arm as her palms were busy hugging the stuffed toy to her heart.

"What would you name this?" He asked as they sat down in a car, she looked at the toy for a second with a thoughtful look and decided on the name.

"Fluffy!" She exclaimed in happiness and looked at him for the approval of the name. And he didn't disappoint her by saying "Fluffy, the nice name"

"I know right; I will call him Fluff!" She told him as he gave her again approval of her idea.

"From this, I have got an idea, let's go shopping. We have to buy clothes for you." He said as he drove ahead but she scrunched her nose at him.

"But I have clothes" She retorted and he smiled at her "Of course you have but I want to buy some more for you," He said without making her feel humiliated or embarrassed as he couldn't tell her that few pairs of clothes are not the clothes for her, but he knew she has her self respect and it was only agreeable if he tells her that he wants to buy more.

"Okay" She shrugged her shoulders in nonchalance as if he wanted to buy clothes for her then she shouldn't stop him if that makes him happy.

Then he drove them to a shopping mall where he bought a few dressed for her and a couple of Kurtis but then she stopped him from buying anything else as she thought he was going overboard.

Soon, both of them were seen standing in front of their apartment door with him handling all the shopping bags and his suitcase whilst she was holding her Fluff in both of her hands. She looked at him holding all of their bags and felt bad.

"Give some of them to me," She said wiggling her fingers beside his hand to hand over some of the bags to her.

"Don't bother with them, just take out keys from my pocket" He said to her and leaned his body towards her. "Where?" She asked putting her palm on his torso and he could feel a tingling where her palm was rested.

"In my... Inside the pocket of the blazer" He said slightly nervous from her touch and she too could feel it as his warm skin under her palm was feeling soft even though the barrier of his shirt's fabric was present.

She dragged her palm to the inside of his blazer to find the pocket and this time back of her palm touched his chest, she found the pocket and dipping her hand inside almost immediately took out the keys from his pocket making both of them release a deep exhale.

She put the key in the holder and unlocked the door as both of them entered inside, him following her behind by a step or two.

"Welcome Home" He mumbled and she couldn't be happier to call it anything else, wondering all around her whole life she felt she was home finally and in fact she was. Now she had a place to return and the place was because she has a person to return to, her husband. Her home!

She looked at him who was looking at his phone screen with an anxious look, he lifted his brown orbs to clash with her unique ones and what he said made her anxious as well.

"My sister wants to meet you"

~*~

Hey Guys!

How was your Eid?

And just when I think I will give you frequent updates, my university decides to announce my exams! Amazing right? Note the sarcasm🙄

Anyway, let me know if the update was up to your standards or not as I have been getting many messages to update this one! I hope I did justice.

Till then the next update, Allah Hafiz!