Chapter 10 : Butterflies!!

"Maaysa Baraq Yousoufi" He heard from the door and straightened up.

"Yes?" He said to the nurse, she forwarded him a prescription.

"Bring these medicines from a pharmacy and then go to the cabin of Dr Ali, he will tell you about the condition of the patient."

Baraq nodded and went towards the pharmacy and handed the bag of medicines to the nurse present in Maaysaa's room and made his way towards the cabin of Dr Ali.

After knocking on the door, he entered inside to see a middle-aged Dr sitting behind the table with reports in his hand.

"Mr Yousoufi please take a seat."

"Dr Ali, is everything alright with my wife? What happened to her?"

"Mr Yousoufi, your wife is suffering from Chronic Tonsilitis. The frequent infections have now made it severe. We are trying to control it with antibiotics but if it would not be controlled then we have to perform a tonsillectomy - removal of tonsils!" Dr Ali explained to Baraq.

"Can you tell me how did it end up into this?" He asked curiously.

"We can't say anything being too sure as it can happen with various causes such as low immunity, incomplete treatment of infection, and many more!"

"Okay, Thank you, Doctor!" Saying he got up and left from there with tensed expressions.

He was going inside the room where Maaysa was kept when his phone rang showing 'Basheera Calling'. He took a deep inhalation and picked up the call staying outside the room.

"Bhai, I just saw your missed calls. Is everything alright?"

(Brother)

"Why weren't you picking up my calls?"

"Aashiya Mumani's Ammi has expired, we all are at her house," She said in hushed whispers.

(Aunt)
(Mother)

Baraq then understood why all of them couldn't pick up his call, he huffed out.

"Okay stay there, I won't be able to come as I am busy with a significant matter at hand. And after you are done with it, call me I have something important to tell you!"

"Okay Bhai, Take care"

Baraq put his phone in his pants pocket and entered inside only to see her awake and staring at the ceiling, he smiled seeing her unique orbs open and took strides towards her.

"Maya, How are you feeling? Are you alright? Should I call the doctor? Let me call the doctor, Kahi dard ho raha he? Abhi chakkar aa rahe he?" He started blabbering as he held her hand and she looked at him with amused expressions, a small smile breaking on her dry lips and her eyes twinkled with respect and something a keen to adoration in her heterochromatic eyes.

(Are you feeling pain anywhere? Felling any dizziness?)

She gave a squeeze to his hand making him shut all at once and stare at her with amazement who was looking at him with soft expressions.

"I... I mean to ask you are fine, right?" He asked her in a smaller voice as heat crept upon his neck due to embarrassment.

She gave a small nod with a blink of her eyes, her expressions still the same as before looking at him as if he was her knight in shining armour. And it wouldn't be a surprise as well if she thinks of him as one because no one has shown her the amount of care he was showing.