Chapter 15 : "You Wish"

Basheera came onto the rooftop at the midnight, at their designated time with two cups of steaming frothy coffee mugs in her hands and sat down on the swing.

She took the first sip of the hot beverage as she stared ahead of her, the night has fallen upon them and the atmosphere was quite warm as it was the night of the early June, Sun has retired a long ago but the heat was still present in surroundings as the earth awaited the first arrival of rain anytime soon now but Basheera was not in a mood to think about rain right now as her mind was already preoccupied with his brother's new found marriage news break.

The black sky was looking down at her as stars were twinkling and the moon was present in its all glory shining into the sky.

Basheera was sipping on her coffee as her mind was speculating the different scenarios. She has figured out a little thing just in the afternoon and was conflicted if what is she thinking would be real or not!?

"Lost in my thoughts?" A manly voice called from the side of the swing, she didn't bother to turn her head towards him to know who was talking, the little blush which got spread over her chubby cheeks and she hid it well behind the mug of her coffee as she took another sip.

"You wish" She replied as he sat down beside her on the swing and took a hold of his mug, the coffee has gotten warm from hot it was fine by him as he can't drink too hot beverages.

"Oh Heera you don't know about my wishes," He said playfully as he gave her a subtle wink making her blush again. She has finished her coffee by now as she kept her mug on the floor beside the swing and leaned on the swing.

"Baqr" She called to him who was busy drinking his coffee and taking in the calm surroundings. He hummed in reply.

"What do you remember about Maaysaa?" She asked him, he gazed at her with surprise, not expecting this question from her at all. He was silent for a few seconds before he took a deep breath and stared at the black vast sky.

"She was so small, tiny, beautiful, she had the pinkish skin and the most beautiful feature of her's was her eyes. She had the two different colours in both her eyes, but it was breathtaking!"

"I still remember mamma told me that now we have to protect her like a big brother, me and Huraira! The first time she held my finger in her tiny fist I knew at that moment that I would do anything for her, she has filled our lives with such joy and happiness that I can't express" He said lost in memories, a small smile on his lips stayed as he talked about his younger sister, his love for her was palpable in his words, in his eyes as he spoke about her and then it disappeared as his eyes filled up with tears remembering the loss of her.

"She stayed with us for only fifteen days, such a short period for a beautiful soul. I wished we haven't had to lose her. We could have kept her with us. She would have been 21 years old if she would have been with us!" Saying his voice got heavy with emotions as he spoke about it, a small tear left his eye and he wiped it quickly not allowing it to trail down his high cheekbones.

"Baqr" She spoke as she entwined her fingers with his and kept her head on his biceps. She rubbed her thumb on the back of his palm to provide him comfort and warmth. He leaned his head on hers as he gave a squeeze to her palm appreciating her support.

"You never tried to search for her?" She asked after a comfortable long silence, he released a sigh at her question as he closed his eyes.

"We did but that day had been chaotic and we couldn't just locate her, after a few years mamma papa accepted their loss but I didn't, I am still trying to find her, maybe I am wrong but my heart isn't accepting that she is no more! I believe she is still alive, somewhere around us but we couldn't find her!" He ended his speech as he spoke about his most hidden feelings about his sister, whom he has lost a long ago but couldn't accept the loss. He knew he might be just being emotional or sentimental, to not accept the fact but he couldn't help it.