Chapter 19 : Who is she?

Maaysaa's POV:

I wanted to buy my medications, it has just ended yesterday.

"Uncle, stop the car at the pharmacy," I told the driver and he positively replied to me. I stared out of the window, thinking about Baraq and the conversation I had with him. I know he cares for me and worries about me but all these feelings are new to me. I never had anyone to care for me and now when he does that, it's difficult for me to accept everything he is providing me with, his care, attention, money, luxuries, everything.

A part of me is ecstatic to receive everything but another part is stopping me, it feels like I am torn between two parts to accept or to fight with him. My chain of thoughts was broken by the sound of the phone ringing, it was the driver uncle's phone.

"What? How did it happen? Where she is now?" He sounded panicked and soon he hang up the call, I couldn't help but ask what happened. "My wife fell down the stairs and is bleeding" He replied, I felt bad for him, he sounded really worried about his wife.

"Uncle, drop me at the pharmacy, I will walk to the apartment on my own," I told him, anyway the pharmacy is within walking distance and I can manage it on my own. "No, Baraq sir has strictly told me to drop you safely at the apartment building," He said, and there my heart goes again beating rapidly, and the tickling feeling in my stomach occurred, now this was what I was talking about, the care and attention.

"It's not even a five minutes walk, I'll be fine" I insisted to him and he finally agreed to me as he dropped me near the pharmacy and went away. I gave a prescription to the pharmacist and waited for him to hand over my medicines. Soon I was walking out of there, I was counting the money he gave me back as I was nearing the road and didn't see a bike coming towards me a full speed, my phone and money were in my hand.

I heard the loud sound of the horn before the speeding bike passed and I nearly lost my composure just behind the bike was a car, I didn't know what happened but I felt my balance lost and I fell, I could hear some voices but my eyes got closed and soon everything was blank.

~*~

I opened my eyes, the lighting was so bright, I blinked several times before getting accustomed to it, the mattress on which I am lying is softer than the one we had at our home. I looked around, it was a big room and more furnished with luxuries and artefacts than our home. Where am I? What is the time? And where is Baraq? He must be worried about me if he would reach home before me.

I could feel my heart racing and palms sweating due to fear, I got up from the bed and made my way towards the door which seemed to lead me out of the room. I was taking tiny steps afraid of where this door would lead me! My heart looked like it was going to come out of my chest because of the intensity with which it was beating. I was sweating all over my body, my palms were shaking so badly that if at this moment I would have to hold something, I wouldn't be able to do so for sure.

I was mumbling all the prayers I could remember at this moment, I turned the knob of the door and came out of the room, if I thought the room was big and luxurious then the corridor beat me to it, it was even more luxurious and elegant.

I was sure by now, that I am in someone's house who is so wealthy, is this Baraq's house? The possibility struck me and I took some fast steps to find out, my heart slowed down a bit from the probability of being in my husband's house.

The corridor was so long that it seemed never-ending, finally, I could see an intricately designed bannister and on both sides of the bannisters was a staircase. I stood there and took a hold of the bannister, my eyes were blessed with elegant looking living room. Everything in this house was making me feel so small if I think of what I saw previously was best then the next thing makes me flabbergasted by the look of it.

I could suddenly feel self-consciousness seeping inside me, I looked too ordinary in front of this extraordinary house, I don't want to even speculate about basic I would be in front of the people of this great house.

Now the thought of this house being Baraq's wasn't so appealing to me! Now I understand why his sister was reluctant to accept me, of course, she would be hesitant, just look at this house and then me! Why would she accept someone like me as her sister-in-law? Then why did Baraq choose me? He could have easily chosen someone like him! Someone from the status or reputation like him.

My chain of thoughts was broken due to the sound of an elegant-looking woman, she seemed like in her middle age, and she had an aura of familiarity and warmth around her. Looking at her, suddenly all my anxiety and worries seemed to have calmed down. Who is she? She was looking at me with soft expressions, her honey brown eyes were misty.

"Maa...ysaa" A broken whisper reached my ears followed by the tears of the lady, this made my guard instantly up in a span of seconds. Who is she? How does she know my name? And the bigger question why do I feel like crying seeing her cry?

The lady ran toward me before I could grasp the situation and embraced me in her arms, she started crying more fiercely, I was so chaotic, her embrace provided me comfort and warmth not like how Baraq's embrace provides me! His arms gives me churning in my stomach and palpitations of my heart in a good way but her's arms calmed down my palpitations. I felt so lightweight at that moment as if I never had a thing to worry about in the world.

My thoughts and feelings were making me troubled. She took me out of her embrace and cupped my cheeks, wiped my cheeks gently and till that moment I haven't felt I was weeping, she kissed my whole face whilst crying. It felt like someone has tied my tongue, I couldn't speak a word even if I attempted.

Few other people came around us, I glanced at the small crowd, everyone was unfamiliar except two, one was Baraq's sister and another was Abu Baqr Jahangir! And the two of them were enough to make my anxiety flare up again. I distanced myself from the lady and again stared at all of the people in front of me. I took two steps backwards till the bannister hit my back softly. I hold the canister with both of my hands and gathered all my courage to speak one question ringing in my brain constantly.

"Who... Are you?" A broken sentence came out of my lips as I gaped at all of them! A wave of pain, suffering and shock crossed over most of the faces.

"Beta, Me tumhari ma hu!" A lady said and I couldn't feel a thing hearing her sentence, a few moments passed after her sentence sank in me. Mother?

(Child, I am your mother?")

"Mo...ther?" I tested the word on my tongue; a word unknown to me, I never knew how it was supposed to feel. Another painstaking moments passed as they all were looking at me for my further movement but I could not do anything.

It was exactly like how you are giving a famished person a whole delicious meal from which he was unknown for his whole life. That's how I felt, unknown, confused, in disbelief, and most above all denying it.

"I... I don't have... a mother... I am... Orphan" It took all of the strength inside me to speak that and the moment I spoke that sentence, the lady fell on the floor on her knees. A middle-aged man came immediately beside the lady followed by Abu Baqr Jahangir and a younger-looking guy.

She started crying hysterically and three of them tried to calm her down. And I felt wetness on my cheeks again, I touched my cheek only to notice, I was also crying, Why?

~*~

Hey Guys!

This is the first time I have tried writing a character's pov, so please tell me if I have messed up in grammar or emotions.

Let me know if you think this is going too fast!

Waiting for your feedback and comments.

Till then the next time, Allah Hafiz!