Chapter 14 : Not the bed of roses

Basheera called and waited for a few moments as she could hear the ringtone of the other person, he didn't pick up on the first try, she tried again and this time he picked up but his voice was concerned.

"Heera, Are you okay? Is everything fine?" Abu Baqr Jahangir asked without wasting time in pleasantries and she knew that he came out of the conference room to attend her call.

"I'm fine, Are you busy?" She asked although she had an idea that her speculation was right, she needed confirmation.

"I was with Chinese delegates in the middle of the very important deal when you called first." He answered straightforwardly and she rolled her eyes at how predictable he is.

"Then meet you at home, I just needed a ride" She replied as she closed her eyes as lied, she just didn't need a ride but him as well. She wanted to see feel his assurance and needed comfort but she have to do this alone.

"Can you wait half an hour?" He asked knowing very well that it would take time for him to finish this deal but if she needed a ride then he could squeeze in some time for her.

"No, that's fine. I just got a cab" She said as she stopped a taxi with her hand and informed about her address, she sat down when the driver nodded.

"How many times do I have to tell you to take the car with you but you never listen," He said in an exasperated tone as she gazed out of the window losing herself in thoughts.

"Why should I strain my energy driving a car when I can always get rides?" She smirked as she spoke hearing him huff out a breath at her laziness but she couldn't help it.

"I'll see you at home, just text me when you reach," He said and she hummed as he hung up on the call.

She wanted to tell him about what happened but now as circumstances were not in favour, she thought about it. And it felt like betraying her brother by telling his secret to his best friend. It's Baraq's place to decide whom he wants to tell about his marriage and whom not.

It was settled that she won't say a word about it to anyone, but what she couldn't shake off was the feeling of familiarity that Maaysaa omitted. She has heard this name and also the name is unique.

Maaysaa

Maaysaa

Maaysaa

Where has she heard this name?

"Ma'm we have reached!" The driver informed and she looked at the sight in front of her eyes, Jahangir bungalow was standing proudly in all its glory.

Shit, it was Maaysaa Jahangir!

~*~

"Baraq" She called to him who was still gazing at the door from where his sister exited, it has been a few minutes but he was lost in his own world of thoughts.

"Huh," It felt like he came out of a stupor when he felt a soft hand on his shoulder, Maaysaa was standing there with evident apprehension.

"You heard her, she just needs time," Baraq said to her in an assuring tone but it felt like he was assuring more of himself than her.

"By the way, this dress fits you perfectly and you are looking gorgeous" He complimented her trying to drift away her mind from his sister but she wasn't having any effects of his compliment.

She didn't say anything back as she went away from him towards the bedroom, she sat down on the edge of the bed and she clutched her Fluffy to her heart. Moments later guilt consumed her senses, she was the reason for the feud between a family.