𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

Start from the beginning

I reply with a quick 'okay' before limping down the staircase and into the kitchen. I really didn't want to stay out here longer than necessary after that encounter, quickly grabbing a random protein bar and speedily walked back into my room and sat on the bed.

Just as I was about to open the bar I accidentally glanced at the calories.

Two hundred and fifty, the bar is small.

It's not worth it.

Tossing it into a random drawer then laying back on my bed as I stared at the ceiling wondering why I can't even be good enough for me let alone other people.

Eventually I fell into a not so peaceful sleep on an empty stomach.

**

Did I eat this morning? Nope.

Should I have? Most definitely.

Will I regret that later? Probably. I think I was just a bit too busy trying not to fall out of my bedroom window to sneak off to school without the worry of running into somebody I happen to share blood with.

Isn't that sad? Sneaking out to go to hell, I mean school.

I won't dwell on shit that doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon.

It's a waste of the very little energy I still have.

I walked to school like I usually do and upon entering the whispering begins, just like it has ever since Tiara and Niccolò decided the hallway was the best place to discuss how much of an awful human being I am.

I walk to my locker with my head down only to be greeted by a very concerned looking Manny.

This dude is everywhere.

"Hey Alessia."

"Uh hi?" Why does he keep talking to me? That's not something that happens around here, and yet for some reason he is annoyingly persistent.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine. How are you?" He just nods, almost like he doesn't entirely believe me.

"I'm doing well, thank you for asking." He replies with a light smile and I couldn't help but smile slightly in return.

All of a sudden I got incredibly dizzy, leaning against the lockers for support, Manny grabbed my hand and I didn't even flinch at the unexpected interaction, I was too focused on trying to stop the room from spinning.

"Alessia, are you sure you're okay?"

"Just a bit dizzy, I'll be fine." I almost whisper.

"When was the last time you ate?" He questions, still not letting go of my hand.

"This morning." I lied, he just sighed in response, again as if he didn't believe a word coming out of my mouth.

"I have a few granola bars in my bag, do you want one?" He asks.

"I'll be fine." I repeat the same phrase like a broken record. The amount of times I say the word 'fine'.... It's really starting to not sound like a word anymore, but it's fine.